2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews 6

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
No wonder these are all over the place!
By Deutschmobilers on 04/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

We traded in our 2001 Passat wagon for the 2004 Passat wagon. We shopped around & narrowed the field to this wagon & the Volvo 70 wagon. The Passat won out as it was $5000 less expensive, with all the bells and whistles included, felt roomier in the front driver & passenger area, had a nicer looking rear-end, and saved us money on auto insurance due to the on board On-Star.

Passat Wagon what are you waiting for
By glbose on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

We've had our Passat wagon for a year now. We drive about 25,000 miles in a year and we are very pleased with the performance, gas mileage and the fact that my wife feels very safe driving. It's exact tracking even at high speeds and crisp maneveurs and it's solid feel (like driving a vault0 make the Passat an excellent choice for a family wagon. We have the 1.8T turbo 4 cylinder and never want for power to pass or to merge. The faster the engines revs the more power you feel. I am totally and completely satisfied.

A lotta car for the money.
By golfhound1 on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have now had this car for 3,000 miles and it has been a lot of fun to drive. Interior fit and finish are first rate and the exterior styling turns heads. Huge amounts of cargo room in the wagon. The 1.8L turbo engine is quick and the handling is solid. It has been reccomended to me by several other 1.8 owners that if I upgrade the engine management chip for $500, the car becomes a rocket. Benefits of a turbo charged engine. I test drove a Subaru with the 4cyl. engine and found the acceleration sluggish compared to the VW. This car acts far above its retail price. Great value.

Fast Fun
By WayneTSchultz on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon W8 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (4.0L 8cyl 6M)

The W8 is one smooth engine. The 6spd has a revised final drive ratio, and this wagon accelerates crisply. VW says it goes 0-60 in 5.9 and I have no reason to doubt it. This is a smooth and confortable cruiser. Be careful, and check the speedo often because I've often looked down to find I'm nearing the century mark. The best part is the law sees just another Passat wagon.

Perfect Balance
By V-Dub Man on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded a WRX for my Siverstone Gray wagon and I'm not looking back. It's the perfect balance between fun and practicality. The low-lift gate will hold two golf bags nicely (with the rear seats down)and that's a "biggy" for me. The car handles great on the twistys yet it cruises in great style on the interstates. And you feel like your in a much more expensive car. The Monsoon sound system completes the package. The fit/finish and paint are top drawer (see $100K Phaeton). The manual shifter is silky smooth and really complements the 4 cylinder turbo. right now I'm a "Happy Camper"; I just hope it lasts!

Great Wagon - Fun to Drive
By mibo888 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The GLX has probably more features than we really needed, but boy what fun it is to drive this car. Great engine, all the safety features you would ask for, and the 4WD was really nice in the winter. Appealing style from the outside with the 17" wheels, and IMO much better looking than the Audi solution on the same basis. Now if only the mileage would be better - so far only getting ~16MPG in mixed city/highway driving.

Best Car Ever
By Larry Golin on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the best car ever bilt bar none

I wish someone warned me about the water
By vw driver on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Jetta, now a passat. I loved it until the water began to leak in under the front and rear floor carpet. When I researched this issue it seems it is a long known defect/issue for these cars. I know two people who had the same problem, and found hundreds of others on line. My new car now smells like a old wet rug. Other than that love the car, but that is quite an issue to get by. VW claims not to know of it but replace pollon filter to address the issue.

VW buyer for life
By BArcher on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The performance of this vehicle is unmatched. There is such an improvement with having the ESP turned on when driving on slick/wet roads.

passat wagon gls automatic
By doug finch on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

this is my 6th VW, my 2nd Passat. They truly know how to build cars.