Classy Ride
By jservin4him on
2003 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
My wife and were looking for something that would be a good fit for our growing family of 3. It seems everywhere we go we needed a stroller and had to get groceries and haul a baby bag. A wagon was the best choice for us. We looked between a Subaru Outback, Mazda Protege5, Kia Spectra5, and the Passat. All of which are increasingly hard to find in good condition without having to sell the farm. We picked the Passat wagon and are very please with the good mileage and smooth power of our 1.8T and Tiptronic. Our is a GLS so it doesn't have everthing but is very comfortable with black leather. The Monsoon audio system sounds great! Great car for us so far.
Favorite Features
I enjoy the one touch up and down driver and front passenger windows. The adjustable moon roof is amazing. My favorite thing is the smooth power delivery of the 1.8T. There is a tiny bit of turbo lag but, with the Tiptronic, a quick little tap down and the power is right there. The storage in the back is great too!
Suggested Improvements
It would have been great to see an audio in port but I don't think that was an option yet. A multidisk player would be nice too. Our has a missing cup holder in the back and am guessing it broke somewhere along the way. Wish that not missing.