2003 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Loved it for 7 years

2003 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

GLX 4Motion Wagon (2.8L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Loved it for 7 years
By happy on

2003 Volkswagen Passat GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the station wagon new. I previously owned an M3 BMW and this car has the road feel and gives me as much pleasure as the BMW. I have an antique shop and can load anything in the car; Hoosier, table and chairs, things that look impossible to fit even into an suv. The biggest problem with all VWs is the dealerships. The car is wonderful but my dealings with the dealership have been awful. The car has had no problems and I only see the dealer for routine maintenance. The men at the counter are friendly and pleasant but the job always takes twice as long as they say and seem pleased that they only charged an arm and a leg.

Six foot four man fits great into the car. Best ride of any car I test drove. Even after seven years, nothing rattles and there are no odd noises and it is a station wagon!

I feel the car is perfect--I'd like to see a dealer service area as good as Honda. My daughter has a Honda and they are prompt, give you an cost estimate that is real, and call the following day to see if you are still happy.