2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews 8

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2003 Volkswagen Passat GL Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
You will love the Passat Wagon
By Tom_from_Pennsylania on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

We first rented a Passat wagon in Germany eight years ago, and liked it so well that we bought one. It gave us seven good years of reliable service, but the 2003 is worlds better than the old ones. It truly has the power and handling of a sports car. It would be a serious mistake to buy a mid-size wagon without test driving the Passat.

Great on the road but poor from a start
By RichG on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Great looking, fantastic out on the road, solid as a rock and just purrs at 80mph but the 2 second pause before the turbo kicks in when you step on the gas from a dead stop is one big negative. (you learn quickly not to pull out with oncoming traffic) Oh, a second negative, the engineer who figured that a rotary knob on the side to recline the driver's seat was a good idea needs to go back to design school, i.e. just reach behind you with your non dominant hand and rotate the knob while lifting your body weight from the seat ...yeah.

MY car
By Light on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS V6 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR! This is The most fun to drive. I look for excuses to take highway trips just so I can be in my Passat. Her name is Luna and she's a beautiful Dolphin Grey. I used to think it was weird that guys named their cars...until I met my Luna.I've fallen in love with the American lanscape again and even drove this all the way from Michigan to Santa Fe and back- ALONE- and I'm a 49 year old woman. It makes you feel safe, confident and dare I say it...young! This car screams- "LET'S TAKE A ROAD TRIP"!

New Wagon
By 760 Rod on 10/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned VW`s for over 30 years. The new Passat GLX wagon is really a fun car to drive, we get lots of people asking us what kind of wagon is it.Every one we talk to wants one now. Very fine fit and finish on the whole car.

Utility, Comfort, Performance & Value!
By vwdriverCA on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Just traded in our 2001 New Beetle GLS and went home with a 2003 Passat Wagon GLS (Auto)in Silverstone Grey (light grey interior). Beautiful lines, quality build, exceptional use of interior materials/great fit-and-finish (for this price point) and rides smoothly. The Passat wagon gives us the SUV utility we were looking for in a more car-like size, a smooth, quiet ride and better gas mileage. All for a relatively reasonable price. We are very pleased with the decision made to go with the Passat Wagon. We have also been very pleased with the high quality of customer service we have received from our local VW dealer.

Excellent Wagon
By lenjoe on 09/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I have owned this car for six weeks and 4000 miles. In one word "excellent". Very stable at highway speeds and you have no fear of rollover like you would with an SUV. It also give great mileage. On the high ways at 75mph, I get about 31-32 mpg. Overall I have had 26mpg in mixed driving.

I WOULD BUY IT AGAIN
By Industree Wiz on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For a 1.8L, ride is similar to a 3 series Bimmer. Cornering, braking, comfort and acceleration are oustanding. Electronic monitoring and control system do work. Controls are adequate (could be better). Excess heat in cabin forces a/c use in the summertime, useful at wintertime. Interior would be better if provision were made for storage of CD's, MD's and audiotapes. Otherwise, it is a pleasure to enjoy German engineering in this nifty well-equipped package.

New GLX wagon
By awm34 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I leased an Audi A4 Avant for five years before replacing it with the Passat GLX wagon. Saved mucho dinero by discovering that the cargo & passenger capacity of the Passat was equal to the A6 that my wife coveted. New features also nice: in-dash CD, heated mirrors, HomeLink (not working yet for me).

Buyer Beware
By M Zolner on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS V6 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car requires a high degree of maintenance. I have had my 2002 Passat into the dealer twice within the past 6 months for engine issues. I have less than 30k miles on the car. I have spoken with 3 other Passat owners and they all have similar stories. I recommend that you buy this car if you have alot of extra money laying around to dump into maintenance fees.

Nice Job
By rotonya on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Replaced a 2000. 20 HP makes a difference, no turbo lag.