2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Excellent car that I have ever own
By Velu on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Its a wonderful car to drive, comfort and own. Never felt more confortable with any car in my life

Love It
By adagio75 on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've been a Honda man until now, but wanted more features and wanted a wagon. Driving this car is the ultimate for me. I've never experienced such luxury for $25K! It's quick (although I wish I'd gotten the 5- speed manual...the Tiptronic accentuates the turbo lag), sexy looking, incredibly comfortable on long road trips, and it can outhaul my dad's Grand Cherokee in cargo! I haven't had one problem (yet...it looks like others have had lots!), and I have recommended this car to family and friends!

just drive this car!
By vrandal on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my Passat. It is absolutely luxurious, quiet, and extremely powerful. I find myself speeding sometimes because the ride is as quiet and smooth at 90mph as it is at 45. The base stereo sounds great and the seat comfort is excellent even on long trips. Driving 5 large adults,I didn't notice any loss of power.The black velour interior is really comfortable, but does attract lint that is hard to remove. My only major complaint is the fuel economy. I have yet to exceed 28 mpg on a freeway roadtrip, and only average 19-20mpg in the city/local hwy. This is less than advertised, and doesn't compare to my Corolla. And the Passat only takes Premium gas.

Who needs a V6?
By Keebler on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have now owned this car for about 2 months and I am thrilled,the 1.8T with a 5 speed is very smooth.Leather interior is top notch as well as overall fit and finish. My wife and I have twin girls so needless to say we gotta lot of stuff and the Passat wagon has tons of storage.I just could not bring myself to driving a Mini- van,with the Passat 1.8T I get the best of both worlds,fun to drive and very practical.

Love it!
By Renegade on 11/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS V6 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! The back seat has plenty of room for adults to sit comfortably. Driving performance is great, Excellent turning radius, car has a secure heavy feel to it. The car has lots of room and a huge trunk. This is my second Passat - can't change - great car for the money.

Needs storage space
By ejhonda on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Passat wagon has been good, except for one glaring oversight: absolutely no bin storage in the interior. The glove compartment is very small, and requires you to either remove the owners manual to make room for other items, or to keep the owners manual in the door pocket. The door pockets are very tiny, and the console storage area is virtually non-existent. Other than the storage issue, this car has been a great car to own. Very peppy, comfortable to ride in, and the heated seats and leather interior has been a dream.

Gas Gusler! But Worth It!!
By Suzy on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the most eligant and at the same time sexy. It is very nice to drive and is a pain when it comes time to refuel every 225miles.

This car always makes me smile
By grammatarz on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

The only unfortunate thing that I have found is that 2003 is the first year that they installed a plug in the back of the manifold. Unfortunately mine blew without warning after 4 months..this may be a chronic problem. Ultimately, the car gave me no warning that all of the oil was blowing out as I was driving. It should have given me a low oil pressure sign or something. It's something to look into.

vw passat glx 4MOTION
By Neil Austin on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

A DREAM CAR...YOU CAANOT GO WRONG WITH THIS AUTOMOBILE.THE CRAFTSMENSHIP,PERFORMANCE,COMFORT LEVEL,RELIABILITY IS SECOND TO NONE. AS WE HAVE OWNED AMERICAN,JAPANESE ANDOTHER EUROPEAN CARS THIS AUTOMOBILE TAKES TOP HONORS. AMERICAN AUTOMOBILES ARE A JOKE...WE SAY THIS BECAUSE WE ARE AMERICAN AND HOPE SOMEDAY AMERICAN CAR BUILDERS WE AT LEAST EQUAL WHAT VOLKSWAGEN HAS PAINSTAKINLY DEVELOPED OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS. yOU CAN TAKE THIS TO THE BANK AND WATCH IT GROW.JUST LOOK AT THE RESALE VALUE COMPARED TO OTHERS....GET THE PICTURE!!!!

Here I Come!
By Bea on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. Handles smooth. Warm seats for cold winter days. Plenty of cargo space with the wagon. A joy to drive, plus practical.