Used 2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Best vehicle I have owned!
By Hawk12

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After having a turbo golf for 1.5 years, we needed more room and got the Passat. Wow, night and day difference. I have had this now for about 1.5 years and 32000 miles and all I can say is that I have 0 issues with this car. No rattles, no squeaks, smooth ride, good power, great feel and stability. Having been in countless other cars over the years, I can say this is as good as it gets in this price range. Highly recommended!

Smooth ride. Slot under dash for owners manual. A/C vent in glove box. Overall quality of materials.

Set all 4 doors to open upon unlocking with the remote as standard rather than having to have it "reprogramed" by the dealer.

Excellent car that I have ever own
By Velu

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Its a wonderful car to drive, comfort and own. Never felt more confortable with any car in my life

Automatic Wiper, Preset mirror and seat memory with keys, Low road noice and design

None.

Love It
By adagio75

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've been a Honda man until now, but wanted more features and wanted a wagon. Driving this car is the ultimate for me. I've never experienced such luxury for $25K! It's quick (although I wish I'd gotten the 5- speed manual...the Tiptronic accentuates the turbo lag), sexy looking, incredibly comfortable on long road trips, and it can outhaul my dad's Grand Cherokee in cargo! I haven't had one problem (yet...it looks like others have had lots!), and I have recommended this car to family and friends!

Styling, acceleration, interior (blue lights get lots of oohs and ahs), safety features, VALUE!

Like many others, I hate that you can't open the hatch when the doors are just unlocked...having to scrounge around for the FOB is a pain. Also, the mileage is around 21 in the city...I'm used to my Civic that got 35...and the Passat requires premium.

just drive this car!
By vrandal

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my Passat. It is absolutely luxurious, quiet, and extremely powerful. I find myself speeding sometimes because the ride is as quiet and smooth at 90mph as it is at 45. The base stereo sounds great and the seat comfort is excellent even on long trips. Driving 5 large adults,I didn't notice any loss of power.The black velour interior is really comfortable, but does attract lint that is hard to remove. My only major complaint is the fuel economy. I have yet to exceed 28 mpg on a freeway roadtrip, and only average 19-20mpg in the city/local hwy. This is less than advertised, and doesn't compare to my Corolla. And the Passat only takes Premium gas.

Blue/red console lights, comfort and build quality of interior, exterior looks, stereo.

Fuel economy

Love it!
By Renegade

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS V6 Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Great car! The back seat has plenty of room for adults to sit comfortably. Driving performance is great, Excellent turning radius, car has a secure heavy feel to it. The car has lots of room and a huge trunk. This is my second Passat - can't change - great car for the money.

Strange but true - the windshield wipers adjust their speed with the rain fall - excellent feature especially for Florida! The interior blue lights are great too!

Rear A/C vents would be good.