2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews 11

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
What a Mistake!
By shenry on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

After doing alot of research and test driving I purchased this vehicle from Downtown Fine Cars in Toronto, Canada. What a terrible mistake. 8 months later the car doesn't start and had to be towed into the garage due to a broken fuel guage sender. The customer service was horrendous and they have failed to respond to a both a letter of complaint and a telephone call. Now, the roof trim is delaminating from around the roof rack. Do not purchase a VW!

The Car of Cool
By djbtjbshb on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon W8 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (4.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is the greatest car ever made man! Me and the wife just love it. You won't go wrong buying this car. God I love this car!

Love it!
By r32752 on 05/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really love this car! It handles exceptionally well and is quick. The color selection was great and the vehicle is a winner in my book.

Do not buy Volkswagons
By MichelleM on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My experience with my new 2002 VW Passat has been very, very disappointing! Over the 18 months that I have owned the car, I have had to bring the vehicle in for service 7 times for repeated problems, including faulty ignition coils, electrical systems failures and mass air flow system replacements. I have maintained the car, as recommended by the dealership (e.g. maintenance every 5,000 miles) however, have had nothing but problems!. I would not recommend purchasing the VW Passat to anyone. If you are thinking about purchasing a VW Passat and have any questions about my experience, please feel free to email me before you make your decision.

Winter fun in Style
By loyalist on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

I love the style of the automobile. It looks great inside and out. I sell real estate and wanted a car that would present a respectable and professional image, and impress but not intimidate my clients. This car shines in winter driving. One time, early on, driving on freezing rain I did a bit of a four wheel drift, but within a few days I became one with this car. I did not use studded tires this past winter- it did not need them. The stock Michelin's are awesome all season tires- the car seems to stop and corner as well or better than my 1996 Passat GLX did this past winter with studs. This is a great car for our family.

2003 Passat
By BillG on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My experience has been positive overall, although when I picked up the car one of the speakers was fuzzy & one front tire was not properly balanced. The dealer flatly refused to fix the problems. I'm leasing, so I did not escalate the problem to VW of America. This is my second leased Passat and I love it, but would NOT buy it.

A lot of car for the money
By Tom Swennes on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX Fwd 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

We were so impressed with our 2000 Passat GLS sedan that when it came time to purchase a new car for my wife, the '03 Passat was at the top of our consideration list. After looking at a range of vehicles, including a number of SUVs, she decided on the 2003 Passat GLX V6. This vehicle offers an impressive list of luxury and convenience items, solid construction, and a high level of safety features. If you want the practicality of a wagon, but do not need the bulk of an SUV or minivan, you should look at the Passat.

Great car, but interior could be nicer
By mjegan59 on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I went out truck shopping and came home with the Passat Wagon turbo. It gets close to 30 MPG and is so fun to drive that I even went without my coveted 6 cyl engine and 4 wheel drive. It whips around tight u-turns, accelerates like crazy on the freeway (moves just as fluidly between 90 mph and 120 mph as between 40-70 mph), makes almost no noise on the road and has a sick sound system. It feels great on the road even at high speed and still accelerates at altitude and climbing mountains.

Love It!!
By Jowibo on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GL Fwd 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

To the guy who complained about no room for owner's manual--there's a cubby for it underneath steering wheel- -I didn't know it was there, either until I read about it online. And VW is replacing all 4 coils now, so that point is moot, too. I am so in love with this car--I'd marry it if I could. I've always been a car nut, but don't think I've ever been so pleased with one. I have 10,000 miles today (bought back in July--allegely first 2003 in town) and never had any problems. Great in snow, excellent mpg, etc. Can't figure out why they put 180 hp in Jetta but only 170 in Passat.

Wonderful to drive wagon!
By KLJ on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My previous car was a 1995 Dodge Intrepid, and this Passat wagon beats it in all ways. It drives and handles wonderfully and is very comfortable. Cargo area is nice and roomy. This car is quiet with very little road, wind or tire noise.