2002 Volkswagen Passat 1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Buy it if you have

2002 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

GLS 1.8T Wagon (1.8L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Buy it if you have own gas-station
By Umi on

2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We got VW Passat 02 wagon on 06.2007 in CarMax with 51K miles on it. For the 7 month after we bought it, we spent $1500 for repairs. I got 16.5 mpg per city and 22 mpg on highway. It is the worst car: No Fuel Economy, High cost of maintenance. Bad Electric, brakes, and engine part. I did not expect the bad quality from German car producer, but I experienced it with my Passat. Service cost is too high. After 3 month the problems started with window power and electric cables&wires. Nobody could explain why station wagon "eats" gasoline as a Chevy Suburban. It is unbelievable, but I got 16 miles per gallon in city. I will never buy any VW product and would not recommend to someone else. Just bad

Favorite Features

1. The Interior is comfortable for the long distance driving; 2. It is really big inside and a lot of useful space for the families with the kids; 3. It is really good on highways, speeding, "keeps' road well;

Suggested Improvements

1. Fuel Economy NOW 2. Transmission 3. Timing Belts 4. Make a less labor cost for the repairs 5. Electric wires and cables on the windows and doors 6. REGULAR GASOLINE - NO MORE PREMIUM GASOLINE ANYMORE 7. Suspension system quality 8. Engine parts quality 9. Service place improvements!!!!!