2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon Consumer Reviews 6

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2002 Volkswagen Passat GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
nice car, but lots of problems
By cjunkbok on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

You'll buy it because it looks great, but then never buy another one again because things just keep breaking.

Looks great - rarely runs!
By el on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My VW Passat wagon has about 17,ooo miles and is 15 months old. It has spent 15 days in the shop and will go in again Monday, as the turbo is now making airplane noises. I have had all 4 ignition coils replaced. My car is on its 3rd defective stereo. The key was stuck in the ignition for 9 days. The faulty electrical system caused the locks and windows to go up and down while driving (in MN)! After several complaints to my "advocate" at VW, I was offered a free 20000 mile tune up for my troubles. I am constantly worried that I will need to be towed again. I have the roadside assistance number programmed into my cell phone speed dial.

Worth every penny
By douglasu1 on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

When the W8 first appeared last year, many of the reviews were extremely unhelpful, focusing on "who is going to pay almost $40K for a VW" rather than the substantive qualities of this unique vehicle. I have driven this car for 18 months now and have absolutely no complaints. Fact is, there is no other vehicle that remotely comes close to matching this car's standard features for anything like the price. It looks and drives better than the A6. I have no idea why VW doesn't market the car more heavily in the U.S., but I for one am happy to keep the secret. People who know about cars like this car.

Drivers wanted?? Make a car that drives.
By DrMos on 06/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been nothing but a nightmare, as has been dealer and VW corporate service. Ignition coils failed on 3 separate occasions because they won't fix them all at once even with the recall. Dealer won't fix for 10 days. Placing a new car seat in a family car should not wear through the fabric in months. Now a new recall to prevent a fuel line fire if you get a flat tire.

Hub Cap Nightmare
By Hubcap Nightmare on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Beware of snap-on hubcaps and cheap roof rack material. I have had 4 hubcaps come off after 2 different VW dealerships did maintenance and rotated my tires. I also had a plastic piece of my roof rack fall off. It is normal now to look around my car to see if everything is in place before I drive it. Is this Quality?

Great Car!!
By mattrees on 05/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We have owned this car for a year and half and have only had one problem that was immediately replaced through recall. This car runs great and is a pleasure to drive. I especially like the interior layout and amount of room.

Best I ever owned
By bmicmcd on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a wonderful car. The 1.8T is zippy yet it sips gas. Its very comfortable and the monsoon sound system is awesome. With snow tires its great in the snow. Its the best car I ever owned.

Passat Wagon is most fun and practical
By DaveInSoCal on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLX 4dr Wagon (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

We bought out Passat GLX with a manual 5-speed because the dealer gave us a very good deal. My wife also enjoys driving the 5-speed because it is so smooth and effortless. The V6 is very luxurious and has good power, especially at low rpm's in traffic. This car eats up the highway miles in comfort and style. I see all the SUV drivers staring at my VW wagon with envy. My wife thinks the Passat looks so much better than the new Accord and Camry, and I agree. We've had it for one year and 18k miles with no problems!

title
By Miguel on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Wagon GLS 1.8T 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My experience with this vehicle was very good,i just cant find anything i can supe it up with

title
By miguel on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)