2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 33

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Great Sedan
By big_guy on 03/12/02 20:52 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have only owned my Passat for 6 months but really love it. It handles great and provides the two most important features for me . . . lots of head room and lots of leg room. I'm 6'-7" tall and don't fit into a lot of vehicles but the Passat definitely fits the bill.

Nice car
By Dinker Abraham on 03/12/02 13:32 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall good performance, 1.8T lacks pick up problem in highways and all.

Super
By Jesse Izenberg on 03/11/02 20:36 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

Just returned from a 5000 mile trip and honestly find this car to be more than expected.

New Owner
By 2muchpwr on 03/08/02 18:11 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

Just took delivery two days ago, and I LOVE this car! I've never seen so many people staring, and I know it isn't me they're looking at. This car just feels good.

Great car!
By Anonamouse on 03/08/02 13:30 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car! I was torn between the BMW 325 and the Passat. After doing some research I felt that the Passat was a better value. I decided on the Relfex Silver with grey leather and it's beautiful. I never thought I would use the heated seats, but now I LOVE them. They stay on 5 everday! What will I do in the summer?

Great all around sedan
By Cruisin9 on 03/08/02 10:09 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my Passat for use in everyday commuting to and from the office. I decided on the V6 with tiptronic due to it's smooth, powerful and quiet operation. The car is comfortable and quiet with just enough sportiness to keep me interested on twisty mountain roads. Overall an excellent car in the highly competitive mid-size class.

2002 GLX V6
By vwnut on 03/08/02 02:02 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

Have had GLX V6 for a year now. Great car, fun to drive. Interior and exterior look amazing. Smooth at speeds of 130mph. The car makes you wish there was an autobahn near by. If you can buy it, buy it.

Might Want One
By G G G on 03/04/02 18:05 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Still looking. I was set on the Acura 3.2TL or Nissan Maxima. Went on a test Passat 1.8T test drive. Can't get this car out of my mind. I absolutly loved it. The 2 cars I mentioned have 250+ HP but the VW just seemed like more fun to drive, and I love to drive.

Great car
By Maria on 03/02/02 12:30 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Only had it a few weeks, but it is an awesome car. The only thing I would change is making the rear view window bigger to look out of. Love it, love the ride, the handling, the price!

My first Passat
By jrichard on 03/01/02 12:19 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Only 2 months old, but love the car. Fun to drive. Looks great. No problems yet. the 1.8T with auto has plenty of power. Engine does make alittle noise when under load, but is quiet otherwise. No wind noise to speak of but there is some road noise. Overall love the car.