2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 32

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Love It!!!
By MARKHK on 03/25/02 10:05 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

JUST TOOK DELIVERY OF THIS CAR AND LOVE IT ALREADY. GREAT STYLING, GOOD HANDLING AND FEATURES ALL FOR UNDER $30,000. CAR HAS ALLL THE FEATURES YOU NEED, MEMORY SEAT, HUGE TRUNK, LOTS OF PASSING POWER.

MAHOGANY
By HUNTER492@AOL.COM on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH ENJOYMENT OUT OF DRIVING MY NEW PASSAT.IT'S ATTRACTIVE SO IT ATTACTS ATTENTION. SMOOTH RIDING AND A HOST OF ACCOMMODATIONS. I'M VERY PLEASE TO BE A OWNER. I'M ECSTATIC!

Good buy
By shawnl on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

purchased due to good price for almost 'luxury'-type car. step above accord and camary and much more fun to drive. interior looks exactly like a friend's A4

VW is King.
By VW Fan on 03/23/02 21:34 PM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

Blue Anthracite/Beige Leather 2002 GLX 4Motion. I got her for $28,000, including TTT, from VW South in Charlotte, NC. Living in Washington, DC, there's a big market for Passats, and was having a hard time locating a dealer that a) knew the VW products, b) was willing to treat their customer decently, and c) was willing to haggle on price. None of the VW dealers I met over the past two months fulfilled these three traits. So, I went to Charlotte, NC, to visit family, and went to the local VW dealer. I couldn't have had a more pleasant experience with the salesmen/finance managers/service dept. I'm now sold on VW and Audi. Edmunds, many thanks for giving me a heads up on pricing.

Best Euro Sedan for the money
By Grimreaper on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Perfect car it is not, but for the money it is the best Euro sedan on the road. Fun to drive, comfortable cabin and excellent design.

Best Car I have owned
By sevm on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After many months of research, we finally decided on the Passat. It has been excellent. The service from Volkswagen is also superb which cannot be said for many others.

my passat
By theodrock on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new 2002 passat
By smoknn on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car for the price and I would have regretted not getting the upgraded sound system - glad I got it. Car handles well in the corners and great in the braking dept. Good comfort for road trips and a smooth rider. 1.8 T, Auto, Sandstone Grey, Monsoon system, Luxury package (a must have)

A Great Machine
By Speeder on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a "fooler". It acts as if it is much more expensive, larger, and heavier than it is. It goes like the wind - my memory is VERY bad, Officer, but I believe I saw the speedometer at about 145 when I "let off"! The best car my wife and I ever owned - period!

Great Car
By THX1138 on 03/13/02 11:04 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4Motion AWD 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5A)

Cross shopped this car against many other cars (Honda Accord and new CRV, Toyota, Nissan, Ford/Jaguar Volvo, Audi A4 V6 Quattro and BMW 330 xi). Was strongly considering the redesigned Altima. Only test drove the Passat on friends recommendation. Many comparable features to more expensive BMW and Audi, with many more features than the less expensive Altima.