2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews 31

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Best Car I have Ever Had
By Kev30 on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought my '02 Passat about 3 months ago and I am loving every minute of it. I have owned several cars in the last decade, but nothing even comes close to the ride and build quality of this amazing car. After I bought those cars in the past, I would grow melancholy with my purchase in just a few months, but not with this one, I still get out and look back as I am walking away. My only regret is that I did not get the leather (please do yourself a favor and get it). My suggestion to Toyota and Honda is to take a trip to Germany and see how these guys do it.

4/3/02
By Chris Palmer on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Nice car. I can't believe how nice it is compared to the price. This has to be the best value on the planet

Bright Car for Bright people
By AndyI on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Simply the best!

Maxine
By Liza on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I've had nothing but great experience with my Passat. It is without a doubt the best car that Volkswagen builds to date. I've not had a SINGLE problem with my car. In fact, I asked the service department at a local dealer to check it over for me a few weeks ago and dared them to find something wrong with it...they couldn't find a single problem!!!

surprised
By air on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

i wasn't sure if i liked the feel of the car before i bought i,t having previously driven a saab, but it's really grown on me. it's fun to drive and handles quite well- very very smooth on the freeway and tight on twisty roads. and very quiet. gas mileage in the city isn't so great, even with a light foot. hopefully this might improve with time. (only have 500 miles so far) not much storage space in the front despite the little middle console-my cd's are on the floor.

01.5 Passat V6 GLS
By jbaril on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

I think the car is awesome, especially compared to its immediate rivals, like Century Regal, Maxima, I30, Saab 9-5, Accord, Camry, et al. I owned an 01 Accord--BORING! DULL for days. You can tell you're driving a German car, precision, finesse, style, grace. What else can I say?

wow what a great car
By cheri on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLX 4dr Sedan (2.8L 6cyl 5M)

By pricing this car with edmunds and other internet sites, I purchased this vehicle for 27,759, it was 800 over COST not invoice, a fair profit for the dealer of less than 4 percent(msrp was 30,375, invoice was 27,187 plus 550 destination fee) holdback for this vehicle was 895, so that leaves you lots of room to negotiate! good luck

What can I say, I love it.
By adsell on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

For the money this car is very high on my list for quality. The performance is exception for a small 4 cylinder engine. So far fuel economy is very good, especially if I keep my foot off the gas! When the turbo kick's in you can see the MPG go down but even then the average fuel consumptions stay good. Speaking of turbo: I feel confident entering the freeway getting up to speed with little effort from the willing engine.

The excellant Passat
By Mohit Tendolkar on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My Passat has always been my sweetheart about whom I can blabber off even with my wife! And of course, she's everyone elses envy - whether I take her to the restaurant, its the waiters who awe it, to the office, its the boss .. I have yet to discover the negatives of this car yet..and I hope I won't.

So far, sooooo good.
By bcline on 03/25/02 11:48 AM (PST)

2002 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my Passat for about 2 months now, and I love it. Ton's of room and just a overall comfortable car. Looks much better then the millions of Accords and Camery's out there.