2000 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: IT's a CRAP SHOOT

2000 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

2000 Volkswagen Passat

GLX V6 Wagon (2.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

IT's a CRAP SHOOT
By 805misskitty on

2000 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Wagon

this vehicle ran great first 80k miles. But the window fell out & a bunch of interior things broke while still considered a newer car. I read all the reviews on car.
I got the car from friend knowing she was about to run into trouble with it. It was in good to fair condition. I bought it with another friend at a good price knowing we would be dumping
a lot of $$$$ into it over the next few years who I knew could tackle the problems ahead. What I wasn't prepared for was everything happening at once AND PROBLEMS WITH the rack and pinion. I hope I spelled that right.
If you are looking to buy a Passat 2000-2004 do a Vin history on it. If you're looking for a smart buy, this ain't it!

When in good running order it drives like a much more expensive sports car. I usually don't dig wagon's but this is a nice looking vehicle and holds a lot of stuff in the back. I love the night time interior dash lights. They are purple.

clips for replacing the passenger side window are difficult to find. The rear hatch we have to prop with a pole to keep open, cup holders are a total joke, everythings all jammed up too close to the front dash like bogus cup holder, plug for cell charger, ash tray and shift nob, etc..etc... I'd say they need to use BETTER QUALITY PARTS USED in production that last as long as people believe VW car & parts will last. My father had a VW beetle in 1965. He sold it for more than he paid for it in 1989. Never had a problem with his "BUG". . And most people believe VW is a quality product to buy. Not in this case. Thank god my friendships solid with my friend I bought it from : )

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review