Used 2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

My wonderful Passat wagon!
By M Morgan

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Passat wagon used, in 2008, now in 2015, 166000 miles. I am still loving this car. It is fully loaded, heated seats, automatic mirror adjustments. Climatron system is great, also the monsoon sound system is amazing. Its a great 'soccer mom' car, love the hatchback, which makes it easy to open and throw in backpacks, sporting stuff as well as groceries, and back seats fold down easily, if transporting something long. I am a small woman, and the car is very comforable, back seats are like your living room sofa. I haven't had many problems with it and I drive it all the time.l The one issue is, the car is sort of low and you have to watch going over speed bumps and such. I have had to fix the mufflers a few times but other than that, it been fine, and I love the smooth driving nature of this car. I would get another one, but this one is still going strong, and also, it a great looking car, very classy looking and still looks great even for 15 years old.

Worst Car Ever
By rhemms

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

I've had a lot of used cars and this one tops the replacements I have had to put in it. The sludge build up required motor and everything connected to the motor to be replaced (hoses, belts, etc). I also had cracked pipes. And, to top it off I now have the ABS module gone bad. I have a 99 Taurus that I've only spent 1000 on so far. This car, I've spent over 5000, and , I haven't replaced the module yet!

213500 miles and still hauls A**
By beastv6b5

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan

I baught this car a year ago with 202k i have put a VERY hard 11k on her i mean racing hard i have owend many cars and none of them could handle me till i got this V6 5s manual passat for 1750 the only issue it has is the ABS system but it doesnt effect what im after. this car seriously exceeds 140 with over 213k... on the track of course! And the only mods on it is a comp chip to over ride the govern, and muffler delete so it sounds like a racer! this car is a great comfortable family car on the road and an absolute beast on the track it is without a doubt the best 1750 i ever spent!

Don't Buy It!!! VWs Expensive To Fix!!!
By manny41

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Sedan

This car sucks getting it repaired is expensive too much money!!! get a Toyota or
Honda Best Cars Around!!!

Good car, reliability not good
By ma3770

2000 Volkswagen Passat Sedan GLS V6 4dr Sedan

My vehicle currently has over 100,000 miles. Initial impressions during the first 25000 miles were very positive. The car handled decently, the ride was firm, the V6 engine had smooth power. Gas mileage has been constant at an OK 22 combined city/highway. Subsequent impressions were not as good due to overall reliability problems. I could cut and paste the problems mentioned in other reviews/forums, such as leaking cylinder head gaskets, leaking cam seals, tie rod replacement, new ABS module, control arm joints, and a host of various other problems. Repair bills over the years were exorbitant, much of which was due to the high cost of replacement parts.

Nice exterior design, decent handling, smooth power, fun to drive, quality interior, good sound system, very good build quality

VW must improve long term reliability to a point where it meets or exceeds its competitors.