1999 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: I ignored the reviews and boug

1999 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

GLS V6 Sedan (2.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

I ignored the reviews and bought one anyway, DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!
By dontbuyavw on

1999 Volkswagen Passat GLS V6 4dr Sedan

I read many mixed reviews about Passats before purchasing mine used. It is a 5 speed with 120,000 miles. That may seem high but 4 a stick it really aint to bad. The car is cute and fun to drive but its a POS! Ive had the car 2 months and have had nothing but problems. The power steering went out, had to replace the pump twice and now its making a winding noise as i turn. Cheap made parts are falling off left and right. Blinker light even fell off as i was driving on the interstate. windows are crap and work only when they want to. now it wont even start! Just makes a wierd ticking noise. Its a cute car, but im going back to my busted and rusted chevy cus thats never quit on me!!! [violative content deleted]!!

The sunroof and woodgrain trim is nice, but you can get that on any car. I like the 3 headrest in the back, but really its a hazard as it blocks vision...I loved this car when i drove it off the lot, but that love quickly turned to hate and I would rather drive my 96 rusted out chevy malibu. I hate this car with a passion!

Stop making them. The newer ones are just as bad, they just look a little prettier.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review