1995 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
Fun to drive!
By sdutta on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

This car is fun fun fun to drive! Also has lots of great options, leather seats and black dash look great. I bought the 5-speed manual, and after you get moving, the power really kicks in, plus it has that wonderful solid German feel. I also prefer this exterior design to the newer, more rounded models. Lots of room too. Highly recommend.

decent
By not too bad on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

Have had minor problems, but mostly because of the mileage. Have replaced all wheel bearings plus front axles. Brakes have just been replaced as well. Otherwise...not much. A strange occurence: the fuel injector stopped working one day, took it out, and put it back in on a hunch and it has worked for 4 months since. Also have had the door lock freezing problem (minnesota).

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble
By never again on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

Since I bought this car 4 years ago, I have had nothing but problems. For example, I am on my 7th set of ignition wires (literally), and have had to replace/repair A LOT of other items. I have spent over a thousand dollars a year on maintenance, hoping that it would finally be all fixed. Well, based on the advice of my mechanic who has to tell me the size of the repair bill every time, I have finally decided to just sell the car. The dealer, Devon Hill, in Philadelphia ripped me off on repairs initially until I figured out that a local mechanic was much cheaper (and more polite). I will probably never buy another VW, certainly not from Devon Hill!

Great Sleeper
By Crazy Driver on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this GLX w/ 111,500 miles. Currently has 135,000 clocked. I just did the clutch, I've had to do the waterneck and trunk lock. No trouble hitting 130 MPH. Average 27 MPG at 75-80 MPH highway. 22 City. Comfortable, Dependable, GREAT A/C. Only negs are the cup holder,body creak, and the VW DEALER, not the used dealer I bought it from. THis was VW # 6, Passat #1. Very happy so far. Still don't know why the sunroof closes when I honk the horn though.

Quick little car
By listoff on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 92,000 miles. Aparently the previous owners never did scheduled maintenance on the car, so I dished out some cash to get it in top running shape initially. I haven't had a problem since. It's a quick car with the VR6 engine and it handles great. I have a lead foot, so I average 16-23 miles per gallon. Others get about 22-26 miles per gallon when they drive it.

Still look at it with admiration
By CTNutmegger on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my Passat used. My car had all options - minus the automatic transmission. Repairs can be expensive. Little things have gone here and there but overall, the car has been a solid investment.

A FANTASTIC CAR !!!
By AMSTELNIGHT on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

THIS HAS BEEN THE MOST RELIABLE AND FUN CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. JUST BOUGHT 2002 PASSAT GLX.. BUT THIS '95 I WILL NEVER PART WITH

Very Good Buy
By Name on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLS 4dr Sedan

My overall satisfaction is positive. There were a few problems like the fuel pump which died soon after I bought the car. If you happen to hear a whistling sound from underneath the car it is probably the fuel pump going bad. Also, the engine warning light frequently comes on. I had it checked but the mechanic could not find anything wrong with it.

excellent
By Reggae Ash on 03/05/02 09:25 AM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

absolutely dependable and no problems whatsoever,made in Germany little Mercedes

fun 2 drive
By derrick on 03/04/02 18:48 PM (PST)

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

The Passat has been a fun car to drive especially at highway speeds. Most of my miles have come from highway driving. This car handles driving in inclimate weather with ease..snow, rain no problem. Only one draw back, parts can be expensive!