Used 1995 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Will Never Buy Another VW
By jaf

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Wagon

We have had at least one major problem every year of ownership. From bad wheel bearings to broken water pipes. The only reason we kept it was because it was under warrenty for 10 years or 100,000 miles. Of course at 107,000 miles the air conditioning needed to be replaced. I will buy Hondas from now on.

It drives pretty nicely.

VW needs to extend the warranty to 15 years and 150,000 miles.

Amazed
By amazed

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought 1995 Volkswagen Passat off a salesman, I ran it , then my wife did, and now my daughter is. That VR6 motor is awesome. It handles like dream and opening the air box and a K & N air filter improves gas mileage and performance. Unfortunately, this car is is expensive to repair and the electrical features inside break quite a bit. The ABS pump went, the windows go up and down by themselves, it has nad problems with the ignition, I could keep going.

The performance, handling, and styling.

Improve the electrical system and front end components and make it more backyard mechanic friendly.

Excellent car for cheap price
By Jonathan

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

This car i bought at an auction for 2k dollars. i was skeptical at first because of the high miles and automatic but it runs with muscle. Gas is around 16 on city and about 25-30 on highway but if you treat it right (i dont) then it will go 18-20 city. alot of storage in this car and alot of power for a VR6 auto. would recommend a 5 speed and can run forever because passats are 100% german. No Mexico in this baby:-)

VR6... has power even in low RPM. start it up and ready to go and even has the computer that tells me about gas mileage and temp outside. Automatic has enough power to compete with 5 speed

Cupholders... they need to be moved in the front and no glove compartment. Not enough mods to put in and some trannys with auto has no dipstick and needs special tranny fluid. (has computer)

Fantastic VW
By Ivan

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

This is currently my 3rd Passat. I just recently sold my 91 16v, and now i am moving on to a VR6. This car is a blast! It's solid it dosn't require a timing belt and no other repairs (VR6's are with a chain). Drives awsome but more importantantly it keeps my money where it should be, in my wallet not in the mechanic's pocket. If you aren't convinced on a VW then take one out for a drive i know i did, 6 years ago, and ever since i have been a VW man!

Fun car to drive but too many issues
By Doug E Fresh

1995 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 100K on it. I have always loved VWs but this one had been problematic. Fun, fast car to drive once you get out of first. I have had same problems as other reviewer, door latches that stick/freeze, broken power windows, broken heated seats, new ignition coils and wire. I would love to try a new Passat but am very uncertain about quality of workmanship. VW needs to update their quality or loose customers

CD changer, sunroof, 5 speed, fun to drive on highway

Better overall quality and better engine performance at low RPMs