1994 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Review: Rare Find Proves to be a Great

1994 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Review

GLX V6 Sedan (2.8L V6 5-speed Manual)

Rare Find Proves to be a Great Buy
By J-Money on

1994 Volkswagen Passat GLX V6 4dr Sedan

I bought the Passat almost a year and a half ago and I couldn't ask for a better car. The Passat appealed to me not only because of it's good looks, sports car handling, and awesome performance from the VR6 but because it's relatively rare and I know that I wouldn't see my car driving around EVERYWHERE. The only gripes that I have about this car are that there are no cup holders, the automatic transmission is slow to downshift going up hills and that maintenence is are costly, but it's worth every penny. Also, I need new tires soon and they are hard to come by as the stock 15" BBS rims are an unusual size (215/50HR15) and Tirerack only has three kinds, two of which are summer tires. The all season tires are $109/tire.

The power moonroof, front and rear spoiler, BBS rims, trip computer that gives time, trip time, mpg, oil temp, and outside temp, auto down windows which go up if you hold the key in the doorhandle (outside) while locking the car, VR6 engine which has tons of power, reclining rear seat, and automatic seatbelts.

Cup holders!