1992 Volkswagen Passat - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:
after 18 years never stop
By Rogerio Albino on 02/08/10 09:02 AM (PST)

1992 Volkswagen Passat CL 4dr Sedan

I’m a owner of a Passat Cl 1.6td since 2002 and the car it´s from the year 1922 and never let me on foot. 312000 KM and only needs changes of oil, filters some belts to prevent end Diesel. Of course it’s not too funny to drive it but we can make some travels and you not tired when you stop. Globally has a very good construction, without parasite noises (I have friends whit new cars whit a lot of noises because de construction and plastics…), very very good friability, and whit a maintenance very cheap.

Worth Every Penny
By wags on 01/19/07 19:29 PM (PST)

1992 Volkswagen Passat CL 4dr Sedan

I have to admit, I've done extensive work to "rejuvenate" my Passat, but come on... everyone complains about having things break "all the time". My car is 15 years old. How can I complain. As a father of 2, the back seat alone makes this car great. We almost bought a Corolla until we couldn't fit an infant seat in the car. I do long for cup holders, but live without them for the many upsides it has. I pulled 39.5 mpg on my last highway only trip and regularly get 30+ with mixed driving. Just do the recommended services religiously! I'm at 175,000 miles with original powertrain. My wife's hoping to see the 300,000 mile mark:)

Flint-Detroit 'beater'
By Rob Granzow on 07/03/05 07:07 AM (PDT)

1992 Volkswagen Passat CL 4dr Sedan

Vehicle has held up fairly well through the years, but the styling is dated and the noise and vibration not up to todays standards. Good residual value, but I truly don't understand why this is so.