Best Car I've owned
By Nikellz on
1991 Volkswagen Passat GL 4dr Wagon
I am now almost 19, and I had bought a 91 passat 5spd in august of 2002(i was 16). I got it with 192k on the odometer. I had it for a year and a half and got it to 212K. I don't know what the review called "91 Passat breaks more than it works by RIchie" was talking about. the stereo is the easiest out there. the factory stereo uses the same "DIN" and overall dimensions as ANY aftermarket stereo, they just slide right in. I say best I've owned, out of a *93 Saturn SL2 auto (1.9L DOHC). *THIS PASSAT(2.0L DOHC 16Valve) *91 Ford Crown Victoria (5.0L V8) *94 Pontiac Grand-Am (quad-4) auto *85 Cutlass Supreme (V6)(pimp ride) *88 Lincoln Towncar (5.0L V8) (fully optioned w/ sunroof)
Favorite Features
Pretty Quick. Power windows roll up from outside with key. Adjusting rear seats. Multi adjustable front seats. Build quality. Ext. and Int. Design Shifter feel. Stereo easy as hell to change out.
Suggested Improvements
NEEDS CUP HOLDERS. All that I had to replace was the rear struts, front brakes, two radiator hoses (all the things that go out after miles anyway) and hard wire the fan because it would only work when the car is off!?? The flex pipe in the manifold broke, but i didnt fix it (cost 450 for the part).