Used 2010 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

To Buy or Not to Buy a Limited Edition VW ?
By P. Gregory Frey

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L Final Edition PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have been a VW fanatic since "small kid daze". When the 2010 VW New Beetle (Gen. I) was announced, I then was driving a 2007 VW New Beetle convertible, Triple White Edition (also a Limited edition, but not a NUMBERED limited edition as is the 2010 Final Edition). I immediately sold my 2007 Triple White, and sought out a 2010 Final Edition. I bought 1361 / 1500. I wrongly thought it would have the great features of the 2007 Triple White. It didn't. Sadly, it does no have the "red (LED)-light" door lock indicator on both door locks (only on the driver's side -- CHEAPENS the 2010 Final Edition. The 2007 Triple white, with the same "all white interior seating, had headrests with the great VW Beetle logo (same one that appears on the floor mats). Classy. The 2010 Final Edition does not have the logo embossed on the headrests. AGAIN, the 2010 Final Edition is CHEAPENED. Other bad things, at least to me: A) Parts simply don't withstand the test of time - the windshield wiper motor has already died (after only 5 years), and it's about $700.00 to replace & repair. Also, the headlamp covers crack easily, and have already started to fog; B) the promotion of this car was terrible. The 2007 Triple white had fantastic catalogs and brochures about the car. Yet, the 2010 Final Edition spend no promotion money at all. NO catalogs. NO brochures. NOTHING an owner, like me, can retain as part of the car's history. Comparitively speaking, the 2007 Triple White put lots more money into it than the 2010 Final Edition, and it shows.

Top Down Fun!!
By michaelpaul1

I love my Beetle. Lots of power, great looking,
and a real pleasure to drive. Gas mileage is ok,
but that isn't the reason I bought this car. I recommend this car to anyone who wants to enjoy driving.

The dash is beautiful when the lights are on: cool blue.

None

The worst gas mileage
By curiousmoona1

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L Final Edition PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I automatically assumed that the gas mileage would be good in this car. I only get about 18mpg. The interior of the car is less than desirable. The older models 1972 and 1976 Super Beetle were well made and better mileage. I will not reccomend this car to anyone. My husband and I are very disappointed with this car. We paid over $30,000, plus extended warranty for this vehicle. We will not reccomend this car to anyone. William & Judith Loftus

great little car
By SRQFL

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

i traded a 2004 Z4 for this new beetle convertible as i needed to have seating for 4 people.

yes i miss the Z, but this beetle is well built, solid and has the germanic driving characteristics i have grown to love.
the car has plenty of pep, easily seats 4 and has exceeded my expectations.

seating for 4, reliable, reasonable performance.

n/a as this is the last year for this body style

Last of the Breed
By swarfer

2010 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Top down motoring the way it was meant to be. An older design, the execution, detailing and features easily exceed the Fords I've recently owned. It's been almost 40 years since I had a convertible, and it was worth the wait. Forget the pundits, they probably don't have the guts to go top down anyway. Yeah, yeah, you can go techno, aero or battery, but you'll loose your auto soul in the process.

Convertible top, of course