Used 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

2nd New Beetle
By Wayne Scott

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

We had thee first NB in Mississippi early in 1998. It STOPPED traffic and emptied restaurants as we passed by! The car had some interior finish problems-finish material on door handles $ top of door below window wore off and chipped, the power windows failed a few times & some of the clearcoat actually peeled off the exterior. The 2009 model is much improved with more power, heated seats and all. Edmunds reviewer here does NOT understand why VW lovers buy these, as he called it-stale design with small back seat. That's what a beetle is all about! How could they really change the design? He also stated the car lacks power. I don't agree at all..150 is far better than the 98 model!

Looks, finish, build

The folding front armrest must be in up position for me to shift properly The stereo sounds a bit thin. Maybe the car could be stretched some for larger back seat?

So far so good
By JJsBeetle

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Just picked up my beetle and love it! Quite comfortable. Fun to drive. Quiet (no squeaks or rattles). Still getting the feel for it. My commute is only 2.5 miles to and from work so still have a little time before I really give a proper review. so far- no complaints.

Handling,interior and exterior design, headroom for the front passenger- love the deep dash. Smooth/quiet ride.

Grey interior color as an option, TDI option, rear panel swing out door for easier access to the back seat(Kinda like the Mazda rx8 has). Other than that, its all good.

Awsome car
By lisa spano

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Beetle bug since I was 10 years old. I am now 40 and I bought one finally. And I love everything about it. The best car I have ever owned!