2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
New Beetle Convertible
By Dennis Souza on 06/29/10 18:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought this 2009 in 2010. Great price. 30 miles on it. Fast enough in a retro sort of way. Good gas mileage. Nice smooth auto with triptronic shifting. This is my 3rd new beetle. My first was a 2001 new beetle turbo and the other was a 2003 new beetle turbo s. Loved every one of them. This being the best as a drop top. Smooth, fun, and easy handling. Certainly this is not a sports car but never claims to be.

Some Folks Just Don't Understand
By CZKid on 06/28/10 18:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My bride wanted a convertible, and was about to graduate with a Doctorate of Ministry at 60+. we're both over 6', and we both needed a fun ride. I drove professionally for VW & Porsche in my college days while studying engineering, so I know my vehicles. If you want folks to smile when they see you, and enjoy comfort, reliability, and just plain fun while out get the convert. As a former QC puke, I can find no problems with finish nor performance. My straight laced bride goes nuts driving the car because it's so much fun. So 2 can't fit in the back, so what? So it doesn't have a huge trunk.. so what? It has everything that two old folks needed and more. Try it, you'll like it

Great Beetle at Mcdonalds
By Anthony Herring on 02/21/10 18:27 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L Blush Edition 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Beetle review This is not just the same beetle of the nineties it has all the retro style of other models, round and economic but the factory options have changed to meet the luster of a modern day Cadillac. I used my brother car to travel to Boston last year and I thought it exceeded the power and comfort of any beetle before its time. My brother has own beetles since the very beginning and I have shared the excitement with permission. AJH

Love my bug!
By Susan on 01/16/10 22:42 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I owned 2 bugs back in the 70's in California. Wow, has the bug changed! This car is a joy to drive. I don't feel like I am sitting lower than other cars. I also have a truck and thought that the change to a bug would leave me feeling "low!" Not the case. I put the top down and my 100 pound mutt and my 150 pound St. Bernard go for a drive. Plenty of room for us all.

my senior moment
By funbug on 12/10/09 09:54 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car for my final years to enjoy the feel of my youth once again. It was all it crack up to be. I received it in June 09 and have had nothing but 3 months of sheer pleasure with the top down & the wind in my hair. It has plenty of pep with 6 speed tranny plus sport shift. The leather seats are very comfortable, there is plenty of room up front. A/c is great and the heater & heated seats very toasty.

Whats not to love?
By Caroline on 10/30/09 12:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Zippy automatic, allows me to drive faster in traffic than perhaps I should! Mine is Candy White and it is an attention getter. Very comfortable, great sound system. In comparison with my 2008 mini seems much larger in all aspects yet side by side they appear the same size...I owned a Beetle several years ago, and this is like coming home! After the mini, I don't like the way the top closes, but I think part of that is my need to get used to it.

GR8 Bug Convertible
By Robert Preston on 08/17/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I hesitated to buy a new beetle for a two reasons - first because it was not Germany made. Then I learned that Honda's are from Ohio, so that was silly. Second, what would the resale value be (now who cares, I love it). I have the Harvest Moon Beige with a Beige Top and Tan interior, in my opinion the most sophisticated looking. One issue I have is keeping it showroom perfect. The first big wind in a parking lot allowed the door to hit a car parked next to it, not unusually hard, but enough to ding my door (the other car had no damage). This made me feel the metal/paint finish was inferior to other cars I have owned. I may get a daily driver and try to keep it for weekend fun!

LUV THE BUG!
By Millie Noonan on 11/26/08 04:53 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have wanted the convertible bug for 6 years. Never had a better opportunity than now to have one. It's fun to drive and I feel like a kid again. The new heavenly blue color is beautiful. Much better than the years past. Cream/Beige interior needs to be offered on all exterior colors. That's my only gripe....other than that, I LUV THIS BUG!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible in VA is:

$134 per month*