2008 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Sweet 16 again
By Czar on 09/02/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle S PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife purchased a 2008 SE convertible for use at our beach house. She loves this car to death. Fun, quick and easy to park. Can fit 4 when needed. Top down fun in the sun.

A Slice of Heaven in every Ride
By Ireland3 on 08/21/08 20:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased the yellow SE in July and have been driving it everyday just smiling. The handling is great,and the seats are comfortable. I just love all the fun it is to simply go anywhere now in my new "Sunflower Yellow" bug. Gets tons of compliments and fits in the smallest spots. I updated mine with "daisy" steering wheel covers, flower vase, license plate, and seat covers for an even cuter look.

cyn in florida
By beetle girl on 08/20/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love this car; but triple with the white arm rest is whacked. Could get a little better gas mileage.

Low Quality but cute
By Ed Rooney on 08/03/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle S 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2008 "S" with automatic about 3 months ago for my wife, with the intent of passing it on to our daughter next year. I was reluctant to purchase this car based on customer reviews of previous model years. I should have listened, because this piece of junk has been in the shop 4 times to fix various squeaks and rattles and we haven't even had the first oil change yet. So far gas mileage has been in the 22-24 mpg range, mostly suburban driving. While it's within the EPA estimates, it's still low for a car this small. Did I mention that it requires synthetic oil and a filter not carried at any quick lube establishments?

Fun Car
By Catherine on 07/14/08 09:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Nice fun car - gas mileage could be somewhat better. The triple white model is really fun. I like the solid feel of the way it drives - tight. I especially like the blinker system where the blinker is also on the outside mirrors. Outside lighting of the car is well done as well.

2008 Convertible - Fun fun fun
By Belaircarguy on 07/03/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought a beautiful black with cream interior SE model a few weeks ago. Purchased this mainly for my daughters to drive, although I have to admit the old man likes it too! Haven't had a VW for a number of years, but they were always a fun car to drive, and this convertible is no exception. The SE comes with a power top, so makes it much easier for raising and lowering the roof. The car has plenty of pep and the Tiptronic 6 speed manual / automatic transmission is a pleasure. I also like being able to set it to "sport mode", where the transmission holds the shift pattern to higher RPM setting. Good handling as a touring vehicle and sure stopping brakes. Great little car!

2008 VW New Beetle COnvertible
By JonF on 06/23/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle S 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is a fun, stylish car that is a "blast from the past"! It has the classic Beetle lines with the luxury of a Mercedes. This car is fun to drive, inexpensive to operate - I have been getting 33 - 35 MPG - but the AC kills the mileage - down to about 24 MPG with the AC running). It has lots of "get up and go" with acceleration onto highways rapid and sure. Interior space is great - I am 6'1" and fit quite comfortably in the back seat. I had two Mazda MX-5s prior to this VW and the VW wins hands down - for value, for comfort, with comparable handling and VERY much better when the roads are slippery. This is a delightful car - My wife liked it so much, she bought one for herself!

The Bestest Car Ever!
By Lane,D on 06/17/08 17:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My mother went and bought this car for her Birthday and we have loved every cotton-pickin' minute of having it. It gets pretty good gas mileage. You would think that a small car like the Beetle-bug would be really tiny in the backseat, but it is really comfortable.It is the best car that our family has ever had. I also think it is really cool to have a car that there are only 1,400 of in the whole United States.

Great Commuter
By Robert Alyea on 06/16/08 08:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle S PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My first beetle was purchased in 1966 that was a great car but this one is even better. I drive 150 miles a day back and forth from work. The comfort and ride are exceptional and the car actually has a passing gear. The car has excellent pick up and I am experiencing a little over 30 mpg. I get a lot of looks and have referred many to the dealership. Thanks for providing such a wonderful vehicle it is what I need and also fun.

2008 New Beetle Fun To Drive
By Stanley on 06/03/08 02:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I gave my 2004 Toyota Camry to my son and I purchased a Red Beetle with a Black top. I have owned my car for two months and I just love it. I shopped around for a convertible car that is fun to drive. The New Beetle is perfect. The gas mileage is not as good but is so much more fun to drive. My husband is a large guy over six feet tall. He has enough room in this car but back seats are for small children. He was not sure about a small car but he fell in love with it too. When I was sixteen my Dad had one of the old beetles they have made alot of improvements. Great job VW. People stop me all the time and tell me how much they like my car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.