2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
realy is fun to drive!
By dave on 11/27/09 12:54 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

nice looking really fun to drive! great acceleration fantastic breaking wonderful power top quietest convertible i have ever been in roomy and not cramped even for a 6'2" man not much room in back seat for adult (but who cares!)

Not what I expected
By maciosaig on 10/27/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car for my wife and after buying an 07 Passat and being extremely satisfied with that car I figured Id be just as pleased with the bug. Was I in for a shock I've owned convs in the past so I was away of frame/body flex but this car takes it to new extremes. The handling sucks, power is poor and comfort is great for the driver and front passenger, and my small 3 year just about fits in the back seat. Now there is a rattle in the front end somewhere and the thing is noisy on the highway. For the money they charge these cars should be much more powerful and handle better. I'm not sure how the fit and finish will stand up over the next few years, but I'm not confident

2008 New Beetle Conv
By airbornediver on 11/08/07 16:25 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded a 2004 VW Touareg for this conv. I love my new Beetle. I got the triple black model. It gets attention everywhere I go. The 150 HP engine has enough juice to move. It would be nice if they had a turbo. Maybe they will come out with a sport model. I miss all the comfort features that the Touareg had. Power seats and lumbar would be nice. Also a nav system. I ride hard all the time so fuel economy is not the best. No this car is lots of fun to drive. It beats my Touareg in that department. Having a rag top is awesome. That is the main reason why I got my new convertible. It needs some nicer wheels. I'll be investing in some chrome wheels soon to bring out the bold looks on this bug!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible in NJ is:

$208 per month*