2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Never ever going back again
By notlovingmybug on 10/29/12 08:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I consider this car a lesson learned in poor decisions. I purchased this car new in 2008 and have had numerous problems. So many in fact I'm not sure I can list much less remember them all. I will make this short (as possible) and sweet(as possible). The passenger side window motor stopped working, the radio buttons stick, the console top has broken twice, the compressor is barely working therefore I have almost zero air conditioning and the transmission is failing. Not to mention the car has an odd odor that I cannot get rid of. A light continually stays on that I was told needed a computer upgrade but the dealership never seemed to have the "disc". Too many problems to list.

LUV BUG :)
By Beach Girl on 11/15/08 15:54 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased my brand new 2008 Convertible Beetle and love it ! (so far )I just traded my 07 Sebring in for it (never get a Sebring) I live @ the beach so its great to take the top down and just cruise in, very comfortable, great stereo Love the SRadio that it comes with, leather heated seats this car has it all my fav car out of all the cars i have had , I would def recommend it to anyone my husband didn't like the beetles @ 1st he said it was to much of a girl car but after he drove it he loves it too , gas is av.

2008 Convertible - Fun fun fun
By Belaircarguy on 07/03/08 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought a beautiful black with cream interior SE model a few weeks ago. Purchased this mainly for my daughters to drive, although I have to admit the old man likes it too! Haven't had a VW for a number of years, but they were always a fun car to drive, and this convertible is no exception. The SE comes with a power top, so makes it much easier for raising and lowering the roof. The car has plenty of pep and the Tiptronic 6 speed manual / automatic transmission is a pleasure. I also like being able to set it to "sport mode", where the transmission holds the shift pattern to higher RPM setting. Good handling as a touring vehicle and sure stopping brakes. Great little car!

2008 New Beetle Fun To Drive
By Stanley on 06/03/08 02:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I gave my 2004 Toyota Camry to my son and I purchased a Red Beetle with a Black top. I have owned my car for two months and I just love it. I shopped around for a convertible car that is fun to drive. The New Beetle is perfect. The gas mileage is not as good but is so much more fun to drive. My husband is a large guy over six feet tall. He has enough room in this car but back seats are for small children. He was not sure about a small car but he fell in love with it too. When I was sixteen my Dad had one of the old beetles they have made alot of improvements. Great job VW. People stop me all the time and tell me how much they like my car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.