2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Not worth it in the long run

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

Not worth it in the long run
By Don't get excited on

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

A car is supposed to be a reliable transportartion and reliable it is not. Too many trips to the service department, too many recalls, too many service lights coming on worrying me about even more problems. I see likewise frustrated people at the service counter everytime I come in. I'm charged an arm and a leg every time, without a guarantee that the fix will work. A 10 year old KIA has had no problems. I got too excited about aesthetics of it. But the features don't work and have to be repeatedly fixed. If only I read more reviews of long-term owners. Never another VW again. They are nice when on the dealer lot, but in reality too much trouble.

Doesn't seem like the car has any after you live with the nightmare of many service trips.

Quality control. Too many recalls, too many minor, but essential features going out. You have to worry every time your air bag light comes on about your own safety. Outlandish service prices.