2007 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
My VW Beetle
By Clarke Allen on 04/08/07 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This beetle is is an excellent ride for anyone who just wants to ride around. I you want a big car, then this is not for you. If you're like me, though, then you will love this car just like I do.

LOVE MY BEETLE
By khlv on 04/04/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded in my Red '99 for my new Sunflower yellow (GREAT COLOR) '07. Talk about a GREAT deal! Great price, and they fixed all (but 1) of the features that bothered me in my old beetle. Cup holders were moved, both seats can be raised, and a LOT more power! that extra .5 in the engine REALLY makes a difference. SO FUN TO DRIVE!

Former Benz & BMW Now Beetle Girl
By Gretchen S. on 01/04/07 21:17 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Wow. I have been a Benz and Beemer girl for many years. I wanted a change, and found it with the Beetle. While I love luxury, I like simplicity. I like speed, but not Grand Prix MPH. I want comfort, but not so much that I do not know what to do with it. I love my new Beetle. It is roomier than my former BMW 325i. The trunk is bigger, but configured differently. It runs a little rougher than my old BMW, but we are talking a $20,000 car vs. a $40,000 car. You get what you pay for. The ease of driving and engineering of devices is so easy. BMW and Benz take brain power to figure it all out. VW is simple and, well, simple. The Beetle is comfy, fun, and costs much less money. I love it!

An Excellent CAR
By Dwest21 on 11/21/06 13:28 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love this car. It's awesome. I feel safe in the b\Beetle. It's quiet, it comes with an enormous amount of standard features, and for about $20,000, you can get a really decent vehicle. This is my first VW, and I've heard horrible rants about their warranty department, so hopefully everything will go smoothly, and nothing major will go wrong. I've only had the car almost a month, and as of right now, I couldn't be happier! It has a great sound system, great air conditioner, great interior, is extremely comfortable, has beautiful new head-lights, the list goes on.

Doodlebug Girl
By Amy on 11/10/06 08:17 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I like this car because it is so very comfortable and very attractive.

Pam's Bug
By Pamela Ross-Fogel on 11/08/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my favorite car that I have ever owned! I am 59 years old and love to drive this car! It is comfortable, easy to get in and out of, smooth in handling, has plenty roomy, and is just plain fun.

New Ride
By Nocoverage on 10/27/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just recently traded an underpowered 2.0 5-speed manual Beetle for a 2.5 6-speed automatic Beetle. It's even the same color. The new vehicle has significantly more power, better ride, and better build quality. The engine purrs at a quiet 2,200 rpm's at highway speed, making travel much more enjoyable. It has the same great features as my '01 model. This is a good car.

Still Fun, but No Improvement
By JOE on 09/06/06 16:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The '07 Beetle still lacks the charisma of the old Beetle. So? We should expect more for the more money we pay. How about power seats (sit higher, too), locks, mirrors, a better stereo (MP4), free DVD navigation, cool electronics? Eliminate the pillar and rear blind spots. Give it a better trunk lock. How about the top receding into the boot with an automatic tonneau cover or an power hard top? Give it more power. The handling needs work. It has a firm ride, cut the sponginess. Hey, give it better gas mileage, please! Also, give us attractive mirrors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.