Used 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen New-beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

I'm in Love..! Could be a race car..
By Phil

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Love the Laser Blue color.!! This Beetle is much peppier than the old 2004 - 4 cylinder engine. Only drawback is when you drive fast you get 20 to 23 MPG in the city. The heated seats are the best new feature.! I wish the visors were wider or perhaps extended longer because they don't block side sun glare very well. The comfort is great, and the room is great. I have hauled a lot of stuff in this little car. My only other request is to make this car a hybrid. I have gotten 34 MPG highway using speed control. I beat an Austin Mini Cooper in a drag race and matched a Corvette for the first 50 yards, so this car is FAST.! Thanks VW for a car more fun than my 2004 New Beetle.!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, folding down back seat, sunroof/moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

Could you make this a hybrid? Should be some way to extend the visors wider to block side of car sun glare which can be really bad..! Side panels below the window should not be painted, they are too easy to scratch, perhaps make them soft plastic instead, colored?

Don't Fall Under The Cute Spell!
By harvestmoon

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Fell in love with the car's look and would be a happy camper if it weren't for all of the little hiccups the car had. I owned this car for 6 months. In those 6 months the top stopped working, the door locks and the cd player malfunctioned, the inside started rattling and squeaking, and the gas gauge broke. This was a 2007 NBC! If you are thinking about buying this car, please keep looking. Maybe a mini? Believe me when I say HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! If you already own one...good luck!

Favorite Features

heated seats, color, body style, driver and front passenger space.

Suggested Improvements

interior and electrical quality.

First Time Beetle Owner
By S.Horton

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned by Beetle for 7 months and have had no problems. I love this car. At first the look impressed me the most. I finally found a 5-speed, green model which was hard to come by. The way this car handles is great. It hugs the road and is the ultimate road-trip car. The fifth cylinder can really be felt on a steep incline and the cold-weather package has helped me through many a snowy morning! It handles in 6 inches of snow, no problem, and the sunroof makes the summer weather even better! If you are looking for a fun car with a low-maintenance feel and features then this is the car for you!

Favorite Features

Body style: people will stop you on the street to ask about the car! Interior features: ample space, stereo sound, heated seats, dash style, trunk space is great.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs extended visor panels for the brutal sunlight and tinting the windows is a must for summer! Better gas mileage would be nice but is average not poor. The trunk is difficult to close and should be remodeled to avoid dents in the trunk panel and to improve function.

Not for Cold Weather!!!
By The Husband

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and performs well in the warm weather. It is much better on fuel than my Jeep Wrangler. It really makes my wife happy and I like that. The problem is that the windows have to open (when the handle is pulled) to open the door. If it gets below 20 degrees, the windows won't open. That means that you can't get in, and if you finally do, you can't close the door or the glass will break. Because of the security VW voids the warranty if you install an aftermarket remote starter and they do not offer one.

Favorite Features

Doors open and close in warm weather. Wife isn't angry about the car in summer. No paying for additional garage space or storage spring through fall. I do love how it looks and operates when the windows are not frozen.

Suggested Improvements

Make a remote start. Design a top that the windows don't need to move to open and close the door.

Stupid Happy
By Bug Lover

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I finally got my dream car: the VW Beetle. Mine is a 2007. I am in love! It is very cute, and I love to drive it. No problems yet; I am keeping my fingers crossed. Would and do recommend to friends.

Favorite Features

Cute! Feels solid. Fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Poor MPG: on the average 23 (I got 37 MPG on the average w/my old car). Nasty blind spot due to the bar that separates the front window from the back window.