Used 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Luv Bug
By Bug Luver

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Love my Bug I get so many compliments on my car. It is so much fun to drive and my husband who is 6' 2" has plenty of room and is comfortable, it is my favorite car, the only improvement would be mpg, other than that the best car I have ever owned

Favorite Features

fun colors

Suggested Improvements

better mpg

Would buy another
By Kshobe

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I drove the car from Arizona to Mississippi and back. I got 24 to 30 MPG on the trip driving at an average speed of 75MPH on the interstate. I get 23 - 24 MPG driving around Phoenix on a daily basis. I love the torque. It is hard not to spin the tires from a full stop. I get some strange looks from the Mustang owners when that happens. I am 6'3" and have lots of head room but I had to remove the center arm rest to make room for my elbows. Now there is a big hole in the console but I'm comfortable. The road noise is the one thing I wish was better. Thankfully Phoenix put rubberized asphalt on all the freeways. It is very fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Engine performance and gas mileage. I think the MPG improves the faster you drive.

Suggested Improvements

Do more to cut road noise. Provide a model without the center arm rest.

Nice Ragtop
By Kayemtee

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My wife chose this car to replace a Sebring convertible. Wanted a clutch again before we got too old. Performance is adequate at best; acceleration reminds me of my old bugs of my youth. Clutch is not as smooth as Japanese cars. Great head and leg room (I'm six-two). Very quiet with top up at high speeds (much less wind noise than the Sebring). Heated seats (with five settings) are great! Gas mileage is poor (24 mpg) for a small car with a clutch with weak acceleration. Nice, solid build quality, pretty looking, but it is a chick car. Oil change is very expensive due to synthetic only and a non-standard filter. Trunk holds a lot but small opening. I like the car but glad we lease.

Favorite Features

Heated seats. No wind noise with top up. Lots of leg and head room.

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration and better gas mileage.

Luv, luv, luv my dream car
By jik

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

4 of us carpool 1 way 30 min. Backseat ok for normal size. Gas mileage could be better but luv, luv my dream car. Someone is always commenting about it as I did for many years b4 I bought it. Coworkers are happy I finally bought it because they were probably tired of me talking about it for about 5 yrs. I don't have a garage, unfortunately, but it is great in the snow. Haven't had any problems to date. Love to go riding on beautiful days with the top down.

Favorite Features

Riding with the top down on a beautiful day. When it's a little cool, being able to put the heated seats on. Luv it!

Suggested Improvements

Like other people said an automatic starter. But then again I have stick so guess I couldn't use anyway.

The Best One So Far....
By Ray Cavanagh

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I owned a 2002 SLK and 2003 BMW Z-4. After spending a fortune for upkeep of these two cars I dumped them both and bought a 2007 Convertible, and a 2008 Triple White coupe. They both run circles around my former car. I have homes in both Sacramento and Palm Springs, a ride of 500 miles. Both cars get me there in style and comfort. So far, I have been happy with both. The comfort level and handling has been outstanding. Love the fact that I am putting regular gas in and not the premium I was so use to. I will never do the luxury car route again when I can get a better car in the New Bug.

Favorite Features

Love it all, style and seats.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, all a plus for me.