2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
First Time Beetle Owner
By S.Horton on 02/22/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned by Beetle for 7 months and have had no problems. I love this car. At first the look impressed me the most. I finally found a 5-speed, green model which was hard to come by. The way this car handles is great. It hugs the road and is the ultimate road-trip car. The fifth cylinder can really be felt on a steep incline and the cold-weather package has helped me through many a snowy morning! It handles in 6 inches of snow, no problem, and the sunroof makes the summer weather even better! If you are looking for a fun car with a low-maintenance feel and features then this is the car for you!

Stupid Happy
By Bug Lover on 10/05/07 06:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I finally got my dream car: the VW Beetle. Mine is a 2007. I am in love! It is very cute, and I love to drive it. No problems yet; I am keeping my fingers crossed. Would and do recommend to friends.

Not worth it in the long run
By Don't get excited on 08/15/07 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

A car is supposed to be a reliable transportartion and reliable it is not. Too many trips to the service department, too many recalls, too many service lights coming on worrying me about even more problems. I see likewise frustrated people at the service counter everytime I come in. I'm charged an arm and a leg every time, without a guarantee that the fix will work. A 10 year old KIA has had no problems. I got too excited about aesthetics of it. But the features don't work and have to be repeatedly fixed. If only I read more reviews of long-term owners. Never another VW again. They are nice when on the dealer lot, but in reality too much trouble.

New Vdub rush
By Rwikerson on 07/28/07 07:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first foreign car and now I get it. This car is quite impressive all around. I love this car. It is comfortable, enjoyable, affordable, even if the gas mileage isn't stellar. It sure beats my old 2006 PT Cruiser which was getting 17 mpg city. You can't help but smile when driving the Beetle. It sticks to the road and is very quick and I feel extremely safe in it even though it is a small car. Don't over think and criticize the back seat. It is more than enough. So the head room isn't excessive, I have had 4 door sedans that were just as bad. Enjoy the ride.

Still fun, still not dependable
By susanne on 06/24/07 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Having owned another Beetle and a Jetta before this, I have come to realize that VWs on average have a shelf life of about 4 years, then it's time to trade it in! Despite the frustrations that come with being a VW owner, I keep coming back over and over. Why? The handling - the driving experience. There are so few cars on the market, in my opinion, that combine compactness and great handling. Having driven other compact makes, I find that the Beetle is heavier, handles better, has better features and more road presence. While other compacts feel like they are likely to get blown off the road in a high wind, the Beetle tends to clutch the road and hold its own in snow, rain, etc.

Another New New Beetle
By timeino on 06/21/07 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I sold my red 99 Beetle last summer. I was missing it terribly! Last month I bought a new 07, yellow this time. I'm so happy to have a Beetle again. It's easy to park, fun to drive, cleans up nicely and compared to my pick-up truck and Jaguar, economical to keep the tank full. These are cute little cars. I enjoyed my last one and still see it around town. (It's much loved and still looks great.) I know that if the day comes that I must part with this one, it will also find the right person to love it. In the 99 I don't miss the old cup holders or cloth/fabric seats. The 07 has leather, better cup holders and a much needed arm rest. Old one was manual, this one is automatic, no opinion.

Much better than expectation!
By GA on 05/19/07 05:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

It is well built a car. Roomy. 150 MHP - Enough power. Easy to park. Fun to drive.

Happy, Happy Beetle Owner
By Donna on 05/04/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am very happy to have my 4th Beetle. I have owned other cars, pick-ups and SUVs, and none compare to the overall performance, affordability, dependability and fun as my "New Beetle".

LOVE MY BEETLE
By khlv on 04/04/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I traded in my Red '99 for my new Sunflower yellow (GREAT COLOR) '07. Talk about a GREAT deal! Great price, and they fixed all (but 1) of the features that bothered me in my old beetle. Cup holders were moved, both seats can be raised, and a LOT more power! that extra .5 in the engine REALLY makes a difference. SO FUN TO DRIVE!

Former Benz & BMW Now Beetle Girl
By Gretchen S. on 01/04/07 21:17 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Wow. I have been a Benz and Beemer girl for many years. I wanted a change, and found it with the Beetle. While I love luxury, I like simplicity. I like speed, but not Grand Prix MPH. I want comfort, but not so much that I do not know what to do with it. I love my new Beetle. It is roomier than my former BMW 325i. The trunk is bigger, but configured differently. It runs a little rougher than my old BMW, but we are talking a $20,000 car vs. a $40,000 car. You get what you pay for. The ease of driving and engineering of devices is so easy. BMW and Benz take brain power to figure it all out. VW is simple and, well, simple. The Beetle is comfy, fun, and costs much less money. I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.