2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews 2

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Luv Bug
By Bug Luver on 07/22/09 16:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Love my Bug I get so many compliments on my car. It is so much fun to drive and my husband who is 6' 2" has plenty of room and is comfortable, it is my favorite car, the only improvement would be mpg, other than that the best car I have ever owned

Would buy another
By Kshobe on 02/15/09 17:58 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I drove the car from Arizona to Mississippi and back. I got 24 to 30 MPG on the trip driving at an average speed of 75MPH on the interstate. I get 23 - 24 MPG driving around Phoenix on a daily basis. I love the torque. It is hard not to spin the tires from a full stop. I get some strange looks from the Mustang owners when that happens. I am 6'3" and have lots of head room but I had to remove the center arm rest to make room for my elbows. Now there is a big hole in the console but I'm comfortable. The road noise is the one thing I wish was better. Thankfully Phoenix put rubberized asphalt on all the freeways. It is very fun to drive.

Nice Ragtop
By Kayemtee on 01/01/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My wife chose this car to replace a Sebring convertible. Wanted a clutch again before we got too old. Performance is adequate at best; acceleration reminds me of my old bugs of my youth. Clutch is not as smooth as Japanese cars. Great head and leg room (I'm six-two). Very quiet with top up at high speeds (much less wind noise than the Sebring). Heated seats (with five settings) are great! Gas mileage is poor (24 mpg) for a small car with a clutch with weak acceleration. Nice, solid build quality, pretty looking, but it is a chick car. Oil change is very expensive due to synthetic only and a non-standard filter. Trunk holds a lot but small opening. I like the car but glad we lease.

Luv, luv, luv my dream car
By jik on 08/02/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

4 of us carpool 1 way 30 min. Backseat ok for normal size. Gas mileage could be better but luv, luv my dream car. Someone is always commenting about it as I did for many years b4 I bought it. Coworkers are happy I finally bought it because they were probably tired of me talking about it for about 5 yrs. I don't have a garage, unfortunately, but it is great in the snow. Haven't had any problems to date. Love to go riding on beautiful days with the top down.

The Best One So Far....
By Ray Cavanagh on 05/16/08 12:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I owned a 2002 SLK and 2003 BMW Z-4. After spending a fortune for upkeep of these two cars I dumped them both and bought a 2007 Convertible, and a 2008 Triple White coupe. They both run circles around my former car. I have homes in both Sacramento and Palm Springs, a ride of 500 miles. Both cars get me there in style and comfort. So far, I have been happy with both. The comfort level and handling has been outstanding. Love the fact that I am putting regular gas in and not the premium I was so use to. I will never do the luxury car route again when I can get a better car in the New Bug.

I'm in Love..! Could be a race car..
By Phil on 05/14/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Love the Laser Blue color.!! This Beetle is much peppier than the old 2004 - 4 cylinder engine. Only drawback is when you drive fast you get 20 to 23 MPG in the city. The heated seats are the best new feature.! I wish the visors were wider or perhaps extended longer because they don't block side sun glare very well. The comfort is great, and the room is great. I have hauled a lot of stuff in this little car. My only other request is to make this car a hybrid. I have gotten 34 MPG highway using speed control. I beat an Austin Mini Cooper in a drag race and matched a Corvette for the first 50 yards, so this car is FAST.! Thanks VW for a car more fun than my 2004 New Beetle.!

Don't Fall Under The Cute Spell!
By harvestmoon on 03/28/08 22:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Fell in love with the car's look and would be a happy camper if it weren't for all of the little hiccups the car had. I owned this car for 6 months. In those 6 months the top stopped working, the door locks and the cd player malfunctioned, the inside started rattling and squeaking, and the gas gauge broke. This was a 2007 NBC! If you are thinking about buying this car, please keep looking. Maybe a mini? Believe me when I say HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT! If you already own one...good luck!

First Time Beetle Owner
By S.Horton on 02/22/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned by Beetle for 7 months and have had no problems. I love this car. At first the look impressed me the most. I finally found a 5-speed, green model which was hard to come by. The way this car handles is great. It hugs the road and is the ultimate road-trip car. The fifth cylinder can really be felt on a steep incline and the cold-weather package has helped me through many a snowy morning! It handles in 6 inches of snow, no problem, and the sunroof makes the summer weather even better! If you are looking for a fun car with a low-maintenance feel and features then this is the car for you!

Not for Cold Weather!!!
By The Husband on 01/03/08 17:53 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and performs well in the warm weather. It is much better on fuel than my Jeep Wrangler. It really makes my wife happy and I like that. The problem is that the windows have to open (when the handle is pulled) to open the door. If it gets below 20 degrees, the windows won't open. That means that you can't get in, and if you finally do, you can't close the door or the glass will break. Because of the security VW voids the warranty if you install an aftermarket remote starter and they do not offer one.

Stupid Happy
By Bug Lover on 10/05/07 06:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I finally got my dream car: the VW Beetle. Mine is a 2007. I am in love! It is very cute, and I love to drive it. No problems yet; I am keeping my fingers crossed. Would and do recommend to friends.