Used 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Sadly Disappointed
By Curie

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Having driven a classic Beetle as a teenager, this car was a major disappointment. Three months after buying the car, the fuel pump relay died leaving me stranded at 10:00 pm. Three years after buying the car, I traded it in for a 2010 Honda Fit. The lights and radio wouldn't work when it was cold. The heater wouldn't work when the car was idling. The driver's headlight had to be replaced due to "faulty wiring". Upon acceleration or deceleration, the car would often hesitate. After a snow storm, snow would often get trapped in the wheel well causing the car to shake at speeds above 40 mph. Living in Nebraska, it's important to have a reliable car.

Favorite Features

Great standard features, fabulous looking interior, turns on a dime.

Suggested Improvements

10 year warranty since the car is poorly built.

Great looking, reliable, fun to drive
By yellow bug

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

although personally i think driving is the most boring thing a person can do, i actually enjoy driving my beetle. infact, its my second new beetle- the first one being a 2004 turbo-s.

Favorite Features

its the cutest car out there!!! i wave to all beetles i see on surface streets if i can and about half the time they wave back.

Suggested Improvements

the only thing that needs improvement (which probably cannot be helped due to the perfectly cute and awesome shape of the car) is if you want to go to the club with more than one friend- you may wanna take their car. the back seats are meant for your stuff not your peeps!!

Adore it
By NewBeetleDriver

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Triple White PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I adore my New Beetle. Even though I'm a male, I get compliments from my other guy friends, especially after they've driven it. Convertible a must! The only problem I've had was the wiring harness shorted. Fortunately, the car is still under warranty, and will be back to running soon!

Favorite Features

Transmission, styling/aesthetics, comfort, heritage

Suggested Improvements

The trunk is ridiculously small. Bring back the TDI!

Not Bad at All
By cfr5555

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought the car new in 2007 and have enjoyed it ever since. Good performance, but the handling could be a little tighter. MPG is constantly around the 30 mark. I have 40000 miles on it and it has not given me any trouble. There were a couple of squeaks/rattles at the beginning but they have since vanished. I would recommend this car from my personal experience. Happy Motoring.

Favorite Features

Engine, exterior design, front seat(s) comfort.

Suggested Improvements

TDI option again, improve handling.

Love it!
By nlinldsey

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This was my 2nd Beetle and I absolutely love this car! I recently sold mine since my family needs space. The car is very sturdy and well-built. I was impressed with how well it handled in stormy weather on the interstate. I also loved the space once the back seat folds down. It was spacious enough for my 75 pound Lab in her cage. I never experienced mechanical problems with it. My only complaint was the oil change would cost me $70 or more. This car requires Synthetic oil, which is more expensive than regular oil.

Favorite Features

The sound system is excellent - the Monsoon System! I also love the gas mileage! I found the seats very comfortable. I owned a Honda Accord once and would often have back aches from the longer rides. However, this did not happen in the Beetle.

Suggested Improvements

Build it so it can run on regular oil rather than Synthetic oil.