2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
My second New Beetle not as good as the first
By eliteboi on 09/04/13 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I previously owned a 2000 New Beetle 1.8T. That car was GREAT. It gave me very few problems, and it never left me stranded. One of the worse mistakes I have made. I've had lots of stupid problems come up. I bought the car with 68k miles, and all service records. I had no warning and the water pump went out, at 68.5k. Replaced two wheel bearings, the tie rods, the door speaker. I could go on. I have had this car a little over a year. The best part was when the inner axle snapped getting off the highway. I think my car must be a lemon. It is getting harder and harder to justify keeping it. My car looks great, but it doesn't perform half as well as my 2000 did, which had twice the miles.

Great looking, reliable, fun to drive
By yellow bug on 11/07/09 15:25 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

although personally i think driving is the most boring thing a person can do, i actually enjoy driving my beetle. infact, its my second new beetle- the first one being a 2004 turbo-s.

First Time Beetle Owner
By S.Horton on 02/22/08 16:02 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned by Beetle for 7 months and have had no problems. I love this car. At first the look impressed me the most. I finally found a 5-speed, green model which was hard to come by. The way this car handles is great. It hugs the road and is the ultimate road-trip car. The fifth cylinder can really be felt on a steep incline and the cold-weather package has helped me through many a snowy morning! It handles in 6 inches of snow, no problem, and the sunroof makes the summer weather even better! If you are looking for a fun car with a low-maintenance feel and features then this is the car for you!

Still fun, still not dependable
By susanne on 06/24/07 07:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Having owned another Beetle and a Jetta before this, I have come to realize that VWs on average have a shelf life of about 4 years, then it's time to trade it in! Despite the frustrations that come with being a VW owner, I keep coming back over and over. Why? The handling - the driving experience. There are so few cars on the market, in my opinion, that combine compactness and great handling. Having driven other compact makes, I find that the Beetle is heavier, handles better, has better features and more road presence. While other compacts feel like they are likely to get blown off the road in a high wind, the Beetle tends to clutch the road and hold its own in snow, rain, etc.

Former Benz & BMW Now Beetle Girl
By Gretchen S. on 01/04/07 21:17 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Wow. I have been a Benz and Beemer girl for many years. I wanted a change, and found it with the Beetle. While I love luxury, I like simplicity. I like speed, but not Grand Prix MPH. I want comfort, but not so much that I do not know what to do with it. I love my new Beetle. It is roomier than my former BMW 325i. The trunk is bigger, but configured differently. It runs a little rougher than my old BMW, but we are talking a $20,000 car vs. a $40,000 car. You get what you pay for. The ease of driving and engineering of devices is so easy. BMW and Benz take brain power to figure it all out. VW is simple and, well, simple. The Beetle is comfy, fun, and costs much less money. I love it!

Doodlebug Girl
By Amy on 11/10/06 08:17 AM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I like this car because it is so very comfortable and very attractive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.