Used 2007 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:

Nice Ragtop
By Kayemtee

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My wife chose this car to replace a Sebring convertible. Wanted a clutch again before we got too old. Performance is adequate at best; acceleration reminds me of my old bugs of my youth. Clutch is not as smooth as Japanese cars. Great head and leg room (I'm six-two). Very quiet with top up at high speeds (much less wind noise than the Sebring). Heated seats (with five settings) are great! Gas mileage is poor (24 mpg) for a small car with a clutch with weak acceleration. Nice, solid build quality, pretty looking, but it is a chick car. Oil change is very expensive due to synthetic only and a non-standard filter. Trunk holds a lot but small opening. I like the car but glad we lease.

Heated seats. No wind noise with top up. Lots of leg and head room.

Better acceleration and better gas mileage.

Luv, luv, luv my dream car
By jik

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

4 of us carpool 1 way 30 min. Backseat ok for normal size. Gas mileage could be better but luv, luv my dream car. Someone is always commenting about it as I did for many years b4 I bought it. Coworkers are happy I finally bought it because they were probably tired of me talking about it for about 5 yrs. I don't have a garage, unfortunately, but it is great in the snow. Haven't had any problems to date. Love to go riding on beautiful days with the top down.

Riding with the top down on a beautiful day. When it's a little cool, being able to put the heated seats on. Luv it!

Like other people said an automatic starter. But then again I have stick so guess I couldn't use anyway.

Bug Time
By KJ

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have the 5-speed, and do enjoy the car's drive and handling. 150HP is plenty in car this size, and I have no complaints about acceleration (Go Bug, Go!). The ABS braking system and anti-skid functions seem to work well. I had several opportunities to drive it in the snow this year, and it seemed to handle that challenge quite well. Though it presents some restrictions, I do appreciate the Bug's styling, as it sets it apart from other cars its size,

Styling that sets it apart from all other small cars. Handling. Fun to drive.

Pam's Bug
By Pamela Ross-Fogel

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my favorite car that I have ever owned! I am 59 years old and love to drive this car! It is comfortable, easy to get in and out of, smooth in handling, has plenty roomy, and is just plain fun.

It is easy to put the top up and down, comfortable, easy to drive, and has lots of pep!

I can't think of any.