2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Nice Ragtop
By Kayemtee on 01/01/09 19:13 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My wife chose this car to replace a Sebring convertible. Wanted a clutch again before we got too old. Performance is adequate at best; acceleration reminds me of my old bugs of my youth. Clutch is not as smooth as Japanese cars. Great head and leg room (I'm six-two). Very quiet with top up at high speeds (much less wind noise than the Sebring). Heated seats (with five settings) are great! Gas mileage is poor (24 mpg) for a small car with a clutch with weak acceleration. Nice, solid build quality, pretty looking, but it is a chick car. Oil change is very expensive due to synthetic only and a non-standard filter. Trunk holds a lot but small opening. I like the car but glad we lease.

Luv, luv, luv my dream car
By jik on 08/02/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

4 of us carpool 1 way 30 min. Backseat ok for normal size. Gas mileage could be better but luv, luv my dream car. Someone is always commenting about it as I did for many years b4 I bought it. Coworkers are happy I finally bought it because they were probably tired of me talking about it for about 5 yrs. I don't have a garage, unfortunately, but it is great in the snow. Haven't had any problems to date. Love to go riding on beautiful days with the top down.

Bug Time
By KJ on 04/27/07 15:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have the 5-speed, and do enjoy the car's drive and handling. 150HP is plenty in car this size, and I have no complaints about acceleration (Go Bug, Go!). The ABS braking system and anti-skid functions seem to work well. I had several opportunities to drive it in the snow this year, and it seemed to handle that challenge quite well. Though it presents some restrictions, I do appreciate the Bug's styling, as it sets it apart from other cars its size,

Pam's Bug
By Pamela Ross-Fogel on 11/08/06 22:39 PM (PST)

2007 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is my favorite car that I have ever owned! I am 59 years old and love to drive this car! It is comfortable, easy to get in and out of, smooth in handling, has plenty roomy, and is just plain fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.