2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Style AND Substance

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible

Style AND Substance
By Darin on

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After considering a number of convertibles including the Ford Mustang and Mini Cooper, I decided to go with the VW New Beetle. The Mini was just too small and the Mustang's interior had a cheap look to it that really turned me off. I hadn't considered the VW until riding in one last fall. I thought that is was too much a chick car. Well, I was amazed with the amount of headroom and legroom it had. The interior also seemed very well assembled with high quality materials. I also was intrigued by the new, more powerful 2.5 engine. Although I had read about VW reliability, it seemed the best choice for a convertible priced at less than $30,000. Five months into owning it, I have not had any problems.

The retro-cool styling and suprising amount of room for the driver and front seat passenger. Forget about using the backseat except for extra storage or for seating small children.

The trunk can be difficult to access and you really have to push hard to make sure it closes. Also, I wish both cupholders in front could be accessed without having to lift the armrest. These are pretty minor complaints - overall, I'm very happy with the car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review