So Far, So Good
By david85m on
2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
Well, after swearing I would NEVER own another VW after my experience with my 2000 Beetle, I had to get a new 2006 model. I bought the Gecko Green Beetle, and so far, I'm THRILLED with the car. The small changes they've made to it (cupholders, chrome around vents, exterior lights, 5 cyl engine) have made all the difference. It is like no other car on the road...I just can't stay away from it! It does kind of stink that I'm always scared it won't start due to previous experience, but so far so good! I've had just a few small issues, the rear hatch sometimes takes two tries to open, the speakers rattle pretty badly and the gas mileage is way worse than before.
Favorite Features
Pretty much everything. It's cute, fun, soooo comfortable and luxurious. Everyone that gets in it can't believe it a beetle. I LOVE the iPod jack!
Suggested Improvements
Quality...I shouldn't have ANY problems with a new car, granted it's nothing big...but still, I doubt Honda would have any problems. The gas mileage is also bad (22 on average). They should have kept the 1.8T :(.