My experience...
By mystry on
2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
This was my dream car, but it's expensive. I bought the car new in 07 and have loved it, but it gets a lot of small quirks that add up. I am on my 3rd radio b/c the buttons wear down, a battery costs $195 b/c auto shops will not install it you must go to the dealer, the door panels eventully wear down, and indicator lights are always coming on. I spend more time at dealerships and more money on this car than any other car i've ever owned. I've not had as much trouble as some of these reviews, but i've had enough that my dream car is getting traded.... I am tired of spending money on a car that is paid for with less than 100K miles on it. PS, expect to get about 330 miles to a tank.
Favorite Features
Like I said, this was my dream car and I am glad I had it. It handles great, and is so much fun to drive. Tuns and stops on a dime. Top is easy to use, and i've not had any trouble with it. I love the XM radio and ipod jack. Strong leather that is still in great shape. The heated seats are nice, but I live in FL so don't need them too often.
Suggested Improvements
If I could change the car I would put a dimmer on the rear view mirror, make it more durable so it does not always have technical difficulties, make the running boards stronger, the dealership bent mine during an oil change. I think that it, I love the car but it's costing me too much time in repairs.