Love It for Style and Safety
By NLH on
2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
While other people are choosing BMW's, my husband and I decided it was time for some fun. We are thrilled with our VW purchase. My 6'2" husband is plenty comfortable on short and long rides. The front seating is styled so you do not feel like you are in a compact car. When you put down the top, people can't stop smiling at you. The world is your friend. Now the key - it is much tougher than it looks. I was in an accident where the Beetle got hit from the back while at a stop, by a Bonneville traveling at 40 mph. The Bonneville was totalled. My VW and I drove away with less than $3,000 damage and no injuries. The police could not believe it. This is one sturdy car!
Favorite Features
This car has a sturdy design and is built for safety. The front driver / passenger seats have plenty of room for even a tall man. It has a good looking interior and console. This car is responsive with a lot of pick-up. It it truly fun to drive. I like how it has an iPod connection. The huge dashboard is great for drive-in eating. You just look and feel cool when driving it.
Suggested Improvements
The trunk can be hard to close. The rear seating is not made for adults, but you should know that going into it. The gas mileage could be better for a small car. The trunk design is clumsy and small.