2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Dissapointed and frustrated

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

2.5 Convertible (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Dissapointed and frustrated
By imaqte on

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased my used 2006 VW convertible about 9 months ago with 51,000 miles on it. Since I have had it, I have had numerous issues. First, the airbag light came on and I was told is a seat-belt issue that costs around $400. Next the driver's side door handle broke that cost $600 because they have to replace the entire door panel. I read online this frequently happens. My driver's side window regulator went out and that cost me $470.00 to fix..now I have to take to replace the convertible top because the back window is separating from the top and water can get in. The total for that is $770.00 from a local shop I am afraid of what will happen next. I have to get rid of this car!!!

The color

By luvbuggy
on 11/14/13 14:44 PM (PST)

I had the same issue with my airbag light coming on due to an issue with my seat belt. Apparently the latch on my driver's seat belt is bad, even though it has never had any issues latching or getting stuck... The light has been on for about two years now and I've yet to experience any actual problem.