2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Never Again

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Never Again
By txjules77 on

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I'm just waiting for my lease to end. This is my 2nd VW (I leased a Jetta previously, similar problems). I refuse to take it to the dealership for oil changes bc it would cost me $80+/oil change! This car has lived in the shop. I've had constant electrical problems, including the traction light staying on (and waiting a full day for the new part to come in), the seatbelt light coming at random (they said they "couldn't duplicate the problem" so they couldn't fix it), back latch doesn't work. I'm fed up with VW in general. And customer service sucks. With all the repairs, they don't offer a free rental car. The only way I got on with the last repair is the guy who drives you home was not in.

The car is very cute and has lots of personality. It drives well and is comfortable, when it's not in the shop. And the 8 speaker sound system is really nice.

Needs an indicator light for low windshield washer fluid. Need a free rental car for the customer stuck with no transportation-- I shouldn't have to pay for a rental car at signing. Other dealerships give free rental cars! Need a back latch that WORKS.