2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: In Love with My Beetle

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

In Love with My Beetle
By Liz on

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 PZEV 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I went from having a Ford Explorer to my 2006 Volkswagen Beetle, so the change in what I was spending on gas was fantastic. I also went from having a 6-cyclinder to a 5, honestly you can't tell the difference. And don't think you're going to feel like just another person with a Beetle. The new lights and lines make it look noticeably different. It is so fun to drive, so really get the dealership to let you test drive it. If you get the harvest beige, the Mr. Clean magic erasers are awesome at getting left over adhesive and little skuff marks off the car :).

the seatwarmers are great. The satelite radio is fun, but not necessay. Everything is in arms reach. My favorite feature is the area under the radio. It's perfect to put sunglasses, ipod, wallet, etc. The aux port for MP3 player sounds GREAT. The new lights and exterior stand out from the other Beetles.

I have the harvest beige color, and it is really hard to keep it clean, but I still love it and don't regret it at all. The driver seat squeeks just a little bit, but I'm sure my dealership will take care of that when it gets its oil change in a few weeks. Other than that, I love it!