2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: I wanted to love it!

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

I wanted to love it!
By patriciagilson on

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car and it was my dream car. I was really sad when teh leather seats started to rip, when I am a gentle driver and dont weigh a lot or do anything to wear them down. The headlights die, no joke, every six months and are expensive and a pain in the booty to fix yourself. The airbag light is on, the gas cap light goes on and off for no reason while I drive. I am at 100k miles and my check engine light came on. I took it to an auto part store to diagnose it and it ran FIFTEEN codes. my o2 senor and lots of misfires and leaks and when I chenged my oil it came out lumpy, even though i change it on time EVERY time. To be fair it has never broke down on me, but parts are expensive.

its cute, really cute. Itsactually does fit 2 car seats and it is comfortable and fun to drive. My 3 year old daughter LOVES it because she doesnt understand value. I was 20 when I bought it and neither did I.

electrical work, electrical work, electrical work. Oh and make maintenance easier.