Fun on the road!
By WinsletRose on
2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
Wow! As a Ford driver for many years, I was really hesitant to purchase a VW. But my husband's encouragement and only one test drive, I fell in love with the 2006 VW Beetle. It handles like a true sports car, with very zippy driving (5 cyl. automatic) curve hugging turns, and overall just fun to drive. I thought that it would be very whimpy after only driving 6- & 8-cylinder vehicles, but I was wrong! It's a true sports car! The tiptronic transmission is awesome too, you can feel the car shifting, which is a trip if you are not used to driving stick shift. It's a true stick feel, but with all the ease of an automatic. We have two kids and the whole family is comfortable in this car as well. Overall this is a fun vehicle!
Favorite Features
The tiptronic automatic transmission with the feel of a manual. It is so cool to feel the car upshift and downshift. the car sounds great too if you have a modified exhaust. We also love the simple things such as the hand crank on the seats. It is simple, but very cool!