A great addition to my family!
By Christopheroh9 on
2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I took delivery of my new Ghecko green VW New Beetle 2.5 automatic in February. I love this car! Ergonomically speaking, it fits most of my needs in being a well constructed, German engineered hatchback. So far, after driving 600 miles, no rattles or squeeks have surfaced. The 5 cylinder gasoline motor provides a great amount of performance- you may find yourself exceeding your local speed limits. Having grown up with other earlier VW models, the 2006 is the tightest in respect to fit and finish. I consider my New Beetle "my poor man's Porsche". Forget everything that you recall about the Bug...this car will make you look more than twice at it's value. I can't wait for VW in 2010.
Favorite Features
I recommend choosing option package #1. The heated seats in the cold weather are fabulous as are the power sunroof, upgraded factory stereo system, heated mirrors and washer nozzles. The adjustable seats provide a good deal of support,as does the 6 speed automatic provides the option to vary speed
Suggested Improvements
Very few suggestions but I would like to see the ignition switch relocated to a more open space... maybe to the left of the steering wheel. Would be a lot easier to find the switch in the dark. Standard tire offerings should be an option... not sure about the Michelin X tire? Time will tell.