2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 72 Karmann Ghia owner gets

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

72 Karmann Ghia owner gets new VW
By Brantley on

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The car is fun to drive. Charlotte traffic is actually bearable driving this car! Handling is good, pep in the engine is responsive for hwy merging. I find myself smiling when I get in and people smile at me going down the road. Truly a reponsive car for the price. Interior fit is good. As a Karmann Ghia owner I have been intrigued by the release of the new Beetle and finally gave in and purchased the convertible. Love the German engineering in this car.

Favorite Features

Heated seats in convertible get HOT! Seats are comfortable. Back seat access is easy with the lift handle. Like the iPod connectivity. Convertible noise is low, much lower than a previous "new car convertible" my husband and I owned a couple years ago. Responsive steering/ride.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be improved. Trunk does not shut as well as I would like. Improved lighting in the front and added lighting in the rear seat would be a nice improvement.