2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Most fun to drive car
By L. Phillips on 05/18/06 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car has brought us more complimentary comments than any car we have ever owned before. It actually seems to smile at you when you are looking at it head on. The seats are very comfortable, wonderfully heated in the winter months, and are suitable for long drives with many hours of sitting. It is very easy to handle and takes to the highway like a pro. We are never nervous about driving it on the highway because it has a wonderfully fast pick up to it that is valuable if one should ever get into a "sticky" situation and makes us confident in our driving. We like the view from the windshield. I heartily recommend this beautiful little car for its reliability, fun and comfort.

Love My Bug
By Tammy on 05/09/06 09:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I love how it handles. It's very peppy and fun to drive! It feels very solid!

Great Commuter in California
By absnth2006 on 05/02/06 17:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is our second Beetle and the improvements are extrodinary. Our previous, 2000 hard top in Cyber Green, was nice but the new 5 cyl engine and 6 speed auto are far superior. Our fuel economy is actually better now, 27 mpg vs. 24 mpg for the 2000. Our only complaint so far is the trunk lid that is tough to close.

Love my new car!
By Misa77 on 05/02/06 13:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just purchased this car about a month ago, and I absolutley love it. I can't say enough about it. I live in Florida, and being able to put the top down and drive around is great. I have been admiring this car for a few years now and finally caved to buy it. It is so much fun to drive, and all my friends still want to take a ride in my new car!

2006 Beetle Convertible
By jennel on 04/23/06 15:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My Beetle Convertible is adorable, fun, and a perky drive. It has more pick-up than you'd expect, and is built more solidly than expected. It has a great sound system. I love its creative tidbits. It gets lots of smiles from strangers. I feel like a kid adrift in cotton candy...and guilty too! It's too nice. Negatives: teeny trunk; no storage. If you need storage, this has to be your second car or simply skip it. The front seating is fairly comfortable - the seat moves 7 directions so you can sit up, like in a chair, or down more as if in a sporty car. The 2006 model has the armrest farther back and it's too far back for me. I really dislike it and find it uncomfortable. The convertible top is too hard for me to shut.

Great car but don't expect perfection
By Erin on 04/17/06 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Beetle for about four months now and love it. It is my only car and has been great even on roadtrips, less then 500 miles. It is a little jumpy when you give it gas but has good pick up. The only problem I had was the front blinker coming out and the door molding popping up. BUT I was forewarned by reading up on the car before purchased so I wasn't too surprised. So don't expect a perfect car with great quality. I too had bad service at the VW dealer, not purchased from, and hope I don't need to go back anytime soon. The top down rocks and the little features make up for the cheesy interior. I am SO glad I didn't purchase an everyday Sebring. this car is great to drive does not have great quality.

I Love My Bug.... : )
By Jenny on 04/16/06 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Hello. I am the PROUD owner of a 2006 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible. I ADORE my new ride. The Aquarius Blue is such a GORGEOUS color. Every time I am driving my little " Bug " someone compliments on how much they like it...and how cute it is : ). Going "Topless" is so much fun... hehe : ). Indeed this car is one FUN ride!

Don't buy a car because of its color
By Araxie on 03/18/06 03:57 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I saw the VW New Beetle one day in the the Harvest Moon Beige color and thought it was so cute that I had to get one. The car was purchased in early Sept., when the temperatures dropped below 34 degrees, it wouldn't start and would go in auto theft mode. The first of three months of ownership were a nightmare. The instrument cluster was replaced after the service dept. believed my story about the temp drop being the factor (after being towed there 3 times). A tail light burned out within four months of ownership. The dash board squeaks, moans and groans like it is going to fall off. There is a horrible blind spot when trying to merge into traffic with the top up. I wouldn't recommend this car.

The VW Bug has the whole package.
By plumandthegreenthumb on 03/15/06 16:30 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I'm a stay at home mom of a 3 yr old and have always driven a suburban, and we needed another car since gas prices keep rising, so we purchased a VW convertible last year and just completely love it. It's a perfect car for our family, when we just want to whip in somewhere fast and get out. Especially now that parking spaces are not striped large enough these days. The gas mileage is FANTASTIC, and its fun to drive too!! Thanks, The Morgan Family of Texas

72 Karmann Ghia owner gets new VW
By Brantley on 02/27/06 12:25 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The car is fun to drive. Charlotte traffic is actually bearable driving this car! Handling is good, pep in the engine is responsive for hwy merging. I find myself smiling when I get in and people smile at me going down the road. Truly a reponsive car for the price. Interior fit is good. As a Karmann Ghia owner I have been intrigued by the release of the new Beetle and finally gave in and purchased the convertible. Love the German engineering in this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.