2006 Beetle Convertible
By jennel on
2006 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
My Beetle Convertible is adorable, fun, and a perky drive. It has more pick-up than you'd expect, and is built more solidly than expected. It has a great sound system. I love its creative tidbits. It gets lots of smiles from strangers. I feel like a kid adrift in cotton candy...and guilty too! It's too nice. Negatives: teeny trunk; no storage. If you need storage, this has to be your second car or simply skip it. The front seating is fairly comfortable - the seat moves 7 directions so you can sit up, like in a chair, or down more as if in a sporty car. The 2006 model has the armrest farther back and it's too far back for me. I really dislike it and find it uncomfortable. The convertible top is too hard for me to shut.
Favorite Features
I love its looks, the color (aquarius blue), the convertible feel and spunky drive. I feel young, fun and frivolous without driving a hotrod! The engine is far superior to the many choices from past years' Beetles. Definitely get the 2006 if possible, for the engine.
Suggested Improvements
The center console is terrible. The armrest has been moved back to make room for more cupholders. I'm petite and my arm barely, if at all, even reaches the armrest. I would love more storage. I also would like lumbar support and a fully automatic convertible top. The current one requires elbow grease to close.