2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Never Again
By Cory on 09/26/08 06:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This lease has become the bane of my existence. The car has broken down five times in two years (and that's not counting the small problems when I could still drive it). Bad enough it keeps breaking, but VW does NOTHING to stand behind their product. The transmission leaked when I drove it off the lot. No loaner cars, no concern for my safety. They kept telling me that they valued me as a customer, but what they value is my money.

Better than the Last...
By Justin on 08/26/06 18:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I used to own a 2001 Beertle. This one, a 2006 model, is much nicer all the way around. Plus it doesn't have the disappearing oil, where I would find myself a half a quart low after a couple of months.

Luv My Bug
By Jennifer B on 03/24/06 09:08 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

This is the car I have always wanted! It's fun to drive and the new Gecko Green for 2006 is so pretty! I got the manual transmission with package one and satellite radio.

So Far, So Good
By david85m on 01/05/06 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Well, after swearing I would NEVER own another VW after my experience with my 2000 Beetle, I had to get a new 2006 model. I bought the Gecko Green Beetle, and so far, I'm THRILLED with the car. The small changes they've made to it (cupholders, chrome around vents, exterior lights, 5 cyl engine) have made all the difference. It is like no other car on the road...I just can't stay away from it! It does kind of stink that I'm always scared it won't start due to previous experience, but so far so good! I've had just a few small issues, the rear hatch sometimes takes two tries to open, the speakers rattle pretty badly and the gas mileage is way worse than before.

2006 Volkswagen Beetle
By sam on 11/09/05 19:32 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback 2.5 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

My 2006 Volkswagen Beetle is a great, fun to drive, the engine is peppy with plenty of power, you get a lot for your money in this car. I have only a few concerns, the wind noise. With the CD going you'll never notice it though. Also, the car's ride is a bit stiff and it doesn't take bumps well. There is an engine (drivetrain) rattle/noise about 1,500 rpm that seems to get better the warmer the car gets. Overall this is a lot of car for the money. The base price gets you air, electric locks / windows, cruise, and more.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.