2006 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
My Beetle
By Spongebob on 01/09/07 18:51 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is the third Beetle I have owned since 1998. The improvements are obvious from the styling to the dropped outside mirrors for better visibility. This car isn't for everyone. It's for fun loving people who like a car that looks like no other, handles great, and performs flawlessly. it fits me to a T and I wouldn't even consider another car on the road today. It is unique.

A Responsible Mode of Transport
By W Benson on 08/22/06 05:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is a "poor man's Porsche." It is really fun to drive. It accelerates uphill like a scared rabbit (pardon the unintended reference to another VW model). Plus it is VERY economical on fuel.

Once and Done
By never again VW on 08/07/06 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

Of all the cars I have ever known this by far was absolutely the biggest nightmare. If I added all my repair receipts I could have bought this car twice. There has been nothing mechanical or otherwise about this car that has not been repaired or replaced. I have had this car in the shop at least six times this year. I wish there was something good to say about this car since I have wanted to own one all of my life, but I guess the good Lord was trying to tell me something. Now all I want to do is get rid of it as soon as possible. That won't happen though until I get it fixed.

Great Car
By L. Bruce on 08/06/06 01:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I just bought my VW Beetle for my 120 mile round trip to work each day. It is already paying for itself. It provides great performance, fuel economy, and styling. The back seat is cramped but the front seats are very comfy. I got it with a 100,000 warranty, I will probably do that many miles in it in two years, and will then rate this vehicle again. So far, I love it! I plan to do 40,000 miles a year. This is the car for it.

Ugly is only skin deep
By Sue on 06/25/06 14:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This is our fourth VW and third diesel VW. We wanted a new Golf TDI but couldn't find one with the feathures we needed. The Jetta was bigger than we needed and we weren't attracted to the New Beetle. On a whim we test drove the Beetle and we were hooked. It handles very well, is comfortable for the driver and passenger (we rarely have more than two of us), and started off getting 43 mpg. Although we bought this to commute the 1 1/2 hours to work, we find ourselves using this car for trips and general driving around. We love it.

Great Car!
By John E. Semken, Jr. on 03/16/06 04:43 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

I have driven my Beetle to Orlando, FL. It is great fun to drive, very comfortable, and gets great mileage - 43 mpg. I have had several people comment on the beauty of my car. It has plenty of power.

Great Fun Car
By shawn on 09/06/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen New Beetle TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 5M)

This little vehicle is extremely trust worthy, and gets 45 mpg regularly, just driving around with mixed highway and city miles. It starts at -30 degree weather, great car for your future kids to get to college on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.