2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Why I won't buy another VW

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Convertible - Consumer Review

Why I won't buy another VW
By DrRix on

2005 Volkswagen New Beetle Dark Flint Edition 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

I have been leasing the '05 VW New Beetle Convertible, a special edition in dark flint with a red top, red wheel trim, red leather seats. I've never gotten more compliments, and never driven anything that completely feel apart on me before, even when I had an old Toyota truck with no power steering and a leaking oil tank. Parts just fall right off this car - seat headrests, the glove compartment handle, the sideview mirror adjustment knob, random plastic parts that I don't even know where they came from. German cars used to be good, but these aren't made in Germany anymore, and they are CRAP. Don't buy!!

She's the cutest thing on the road - guaranteed. Also, plenty of head room.

Better quality of materials and engineering would be nice. Also, the dash is just too deep - makes you feel like you are in a minivan. Finally, it would be great to invent some way to have more lighting options at night than the keyring light- quality thing that is on the rearview mirror.