Owing a bio bug
By David in Colorado on
2005 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDI 2dr Hatchback (1.9L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
I purchased this car used for the diesel engine as I was commuting 720 mile per week in my job. The car handled very well in all kinds of weather like snow and ice. Mileage was right at 40 mpg on the highway. I started mixing my own bio fuel 50/50 oil and diesel and was surprised at how well the car ran. about 10-15% loss in power but for the fuel savings I gained it was well worth it. The TDI engine coupled with the Automatic 6- speed gearbox is like new at 116000 miles. I have owned many newe cars in my lifetime and was a Honda owner before this but Volkswagon TDI performance along with durability and realibality really impressed me.
Favorite Features
I like the Handling and fuel economy in this bug and VW has done a lot of improvements in exterior and interior quality. My wife has a lot of allergies and loves the cabin micro- hepa filer as she doesnt have any problems when riding in the bug.
Suggested Improvements
We wanted a convertable but VW has the TDI only in the hatchback. The car could use more overhead interior lighting along with larger sun visors that extend to cover side windows when sun is comming in at a low angle.